Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2021 edited

It seems engrish is the chosen one; with global participation it is subject to universal deformation, too.

But it seems to be the base model for global Kauderwelsch. I wish some yiddish could be injected because the phonetics are sometimes hilariously crazy and beautiful.

https://youtu.be/2ugUjEk8dVY
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2021

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

• CommentAuthorAsterix

• CommentAuthorAsterix

About 50 years ago, a fellow I befriended invited me to his parents' home for a weekend. He was Jewish, and his parents and grandparents had fled Germany in 1939. They'd never given a second thought to being Jewish and considered themselves good German subjects.

They neither spoke nor understood Yiddish, which probably wasn't unusual. Many Jews were firmly integrated into German life in the early 20th century.

Until Schicklgruber, that Austrian menace.
    Posted By: aber0derhttps://youtu.be/U9oD_ppEAjg
    Hob die Ehre
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Se tio estas la esperanta fadeno, kial ĉio estas la angla kaj la germana?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Macron insists on less English more French.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Sonar and doch so fern.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: TrimMacron insists on less English more French.

He might be biased. Also, too, conservative.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AngusSe tio estas la esperanta fadeno, kial ĉio estas la angla kaj la germana?

I just tried the new tram-slate-idiom feature of Safari and this is what I got:

>> Wenn es die Esperanta ist, ist dies die Sprache, die Deutschland? <<

Immerhin.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AsterixAbout 50 years ago, a fellow I befriended invited me to his parents' home for a weekend. He was Jewish, and his parents and grandparents had fled Germany in 1939. They'd never given a second thought to being Jewish and considered themselves good German subjects.

They neither spoke nor understood Yiddish, which probably wasn't unusual. Many Jews were firmly integrated into German life in the early 20th century.

Until Schicklgruber, that Austrian menace.

The Austrian just harvested what was seeded and nurtured decades/centuries ago/along.

The Yiddish language/dialect is so rich of flavor, creativity and multicultural influences. It has nothing to do(IMO) with religion.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

I imagine that the Roma and Sinti have an even more collective linguistic repertoire to them but they are by the nature of their 'unsettling behavior' less organized and mainstreamed.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Yiddish:German
    Ladino:Spanish

There are probably dozens of other similar dialects, such as Bukharian:Farsi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

English:Scots?
    English:Strine?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Scots is a derived language from English jews?

Well, blow me down!

Or are you referring to that old trope about the English being one of the lost tribes of Israel?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

SorryTM. I got confused by Roma and Sinti. I was not previously aware of their connection to Hebrew.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Does that look like the Hew brewed the user interface of the cassette player or am I just silly and ignorant as always?