Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited

CommentAuthorSuomipoika CommentTime1 minute ago permalink
    I guess Steorn is just in an urgent need of money. They had to sell the server.
    CommentAuthorcrank CommentTime8 seconds ago permalink
    Oh if only it was that simple....

Interesting remark by Crank. I wonder what it means.
    • CommentAuthormensor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009

Yep..Im pretty sure Crank knows a bit more than she's letting on.
    And feynman "will never be forgiven"...what did you do, Frank, let the bag out of the cat?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinAnd feynman "will never be forgiven"...what did you do, Frank, let the bag out of the cat?

I'm afraid I have a whole list of sins starting with pulling Shaun's birth certificate although I never actually published the details.

I've obviously committed the sin that cannot be forgiven although I doubt if Crank remembers enough of her catholic upbringing to know what that is [I'm sure you do ;-) ]
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Crank has been banned. Her remark did not go down well I guess.
    007, babcat banned. Now that's what I call an NDA!
    So are we to conclude that the whole thing was just a shaggy dog story?
    • CommentAuthormensor

Has the SPDC/300/SPUD Club/OS/Whatever been closed down?
    Posted By: alsetalokinSo are we to conclude that the whole thing was just a shaggy dog story?
    Some investors definitely got shagged (UK English word).
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

007 and others were warned of an impending ban. It looks like it is just the Steorn way of shutting down the forum prior to spinning up the Orbos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

I think Sean is in high spirits because of the impending demo and is indulging in his puckish sense of humor.
    Posted By: couldbeIt looks like it is just the Steorn way of shutting down the forum prior to spinning up the Orbos.

Now why would they shut down the forum ostensibly on the verge of unveiling the raisen d'etre of their whole claim? This is like inviting everyone to the wedding and as soon as the bride and groom show up you tell everyone to leave.

And if the whole plan was to shut the forum down why go through the trouble of banning anyone? This is like cleaning a house just before you burn it down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

Sean is shutting down the forums. See his sticky at the top of the forum.
    • CommentAuthormensor

We know that, that wasn't the point Knuckles was making.
    Posted By: ThicketSean is shutting down the forums. See his sticky at the top of the forum.

Goodnight Gracie.
    • CommentAuthorMorgenster

It's the logical step to take when moving forward with part 2 of operation 'cashbags'. I mean, that's not something you want potential vict... I mean investors to read when they check your website.
    • CommentAuthormensor

Its a conspiracy! WallyD and Morgenster have so far avoided the swinging of Seans axe!
    • CommentAuthorMorgenster

How very clever of Sean to render me suspect by NOT banning me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    And if the whole plan was to shut the forum down why go through the trouble of banning anyone? This is like cleaning a house just before you burn it down.

Theory 1. There is no reason for the bannings before site closure. Rational people look for rational reasons. McCarthy is deluded, not rational.

Theory 2. It's busy work. McCarthy is bored sitting behind his desk vibrating his finger over his lips going bubububuh all day long. He needs the endorphin rush of actually seeming to be doing something.

Theory 3. McCarthy needs to feel in control, since everything else has gone wrong for several years. Banning folks gives him a feeling of power.

Theory 4. McCarthy needed something to entertain his inner cult circle. He let them in on his banning plan, even encouraged their input, bonding them more to Steorn because they were privileged to have inside information.

Good night Fred... Bill... Franklin... whatever your name is.
    Posted By: ThicketGood night Fred... Bill... Franklin... whatever your name is.

Ishkabibble.