Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011

The Ancient Greeks certainly missed the whole run of Friends. So some things worked out for them.
    CiviliZation certainly has come a long way.

No pun intended.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011

Posted By: tinkerThe Ancient Greeks certainly missed the whole run of Friends. So some things worked out for them.
    I am warning you that even though you are not in the USA, revealing the more aggressive interrogation techniques that may or may not be used at a certain location on the island of Cuba can get you into serious trouble.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

And the magical thinking continues:

Compiled by Sterling D. Allan
    Pure Energy Systems News
    February 20, 2011

The other day I got a letter from R.A.F. expressing gratitude for me including a scripture in my coverage of the Ismael Aviso self-charging EV. He sent me a couple of pages of references which are posted below.

It has long been my belief that legitimate breakthrough clean energy technologies that are ridiculed and rejected have a destiny to become supreme, bringing the wisdom of the wise to naught, while exalting the so-called "foolish".

While many of these verses are Messianic, they also have applicability to free energy, as well as to other "fringe" modalities such as alternative medicine, alternative spirituality, alternative etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011 edited

Posted By: joshs
    It has long been my belief that legitimate breakthrough clean energy technologies that are ridiculed and rejected have a destiny to become supreme, bringing the wisdom of the wise to naught, while exalting the so-called "foolish".

There's a special term for this form of Appeal to Ignorance, but I can't recall the name. Anyway, classic FE believer nonsense.

While many of these verses are Messianic, they also have applicability to free energy, as well as to other "fringe" modalities such as alternative medicine, alternative spirituality, alternative etc.

They're messianic, but they're overunity! They're large, but they're small - and highly exclusive, yet affordable!

Just between you & I, they're pretty much whatever the fuck we say they are.. but you never heard me say that.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

I really think we are witnessing Sterling Allan's very own personal long day's journey into night. I half expect it to end David Koresh style.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011 edited

Meanwhile, anyone see Dateline's piece with Dr. Nancy Snyderman about the moron Suzanne Somers and her cancer cure book?

http://www.amazon.com/Knockout-Interviews-Doctors-Cancer-Prevent/dp/0307587592/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

She should be sued by anyone who gets sicker or dies because of this shitty piece of trash. Incidentally, the program mentioned that she got misdiagnosed one time as having widespread recurrent cancer when in fact she had disseminated coccidiodomycosis. What the program neglected to include is that she caught the disease because she was taking cortisol (a steroid) as part of her dietary supplement routine to treat menopause (supposedly). THAT'S why she got cocci! What a piece of bad work that woman is. And her looks are entirely artificial and have been for some 20+ years.

On the other hand, Snyderman and the people she interviewed are my heroes-- they got to the poop in the story nice and quick and without fuss.

"Fringe modalities?" Like alternative stupidity?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Knuckles OToole

"Fringe modalities?" Like alternative stupidity?
    As I said, I think we are witnessing Sterling's long day's journey into night. "I am free energy poor!"
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011 edited

More batshit insane stuff as expected from Sterling in his fine tradition of swallowing just about any claim:

http://pesn.com/2011/02/21/9501769_How_Aviso_extracts_energy_from_surroundings_to_power_his_EV/

Whooopeeee:
    Today I conducted a 1.5-hour interview with Ismael Aviso about the technology he has developed that enables him to run his electric car while keeping his single 12-volt battery fully charged, which runs an 11-kilowatt DC motor.

He estimates that once commercial, a retrofit of an existing vehicle might cost around $4,000 retail – and this would enable a once-petrol vehicle to be electric, with a battery pack that stays charged, even as it is driving down the road... ... ...He was also visited recently by a billionaire interested in funding his technology, but who is primarily interested in Aviso developing the repelling force to create a multi-megawatt, utility-scale power device. We discussed this as well in our interview... ...
    Poor Steorn. Where's a billionaire when you need one?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011

If you have an hour and a half to listen, and plenty of peroxide to clear out your head when your done, the interview is pure comedy. It is very obvious that Aviso concocted many of his answers as he went along. Sterling just credulously ate it all up. All someone has to do is mention Nikola Tesla and an imaginary god as behind whatever bull shit they claim to be up to, and Sterling eats every last bite.
    Some interesting tidbits from that article:

Then he got involved in some R&D forums. In around 2004, he got hooked up with forum member "konehead", who he credits with helping significantly.

Ah yes, the infamous Konehead from Tralfamadore. Rogue genius scientist who flits around the universe violating the prime directive and helping backward civilizations to enter the realm of the Gods. If they ever catch him he's gonna get a big case of Tralfamadorean whoop-ass.

Later he mentioned that his official schooling didn't go beyond the first year of high school, where he had to drop out because of difficult economic conditions. He ascribes his inventive genius to his faith in God. He said he used to drink and gamble, but that he gave all that up to lead a life dedicated to the service of his fellow men of God.

HIm and Ed Leedskalnin used to do boilermakers in a sleezy bar and grille in the Keys.

In our interview today, he said that one solution he is looking at is using a magnet wire that is hollow (manufactured in China), through which a cooling liquid could be run.

He has tried Old Grandad, MD 20-20, Wild Turkey, and Manischevitz port to good advantage.

Then Channel 7 called last Wednesday and wanted to come the next day. He told them it was dismantled, and he didn't think it could have it running by the time they got there.

Why is it every time the media shows up these brainiacs have dismantled their invention?

One very good thing that came out of the timing of Channel 7's visit was that they were able to accompany him to his meeting with the technical evaluation council created by the government especially for considering his technology. In his last meeting with them, he had requested that they become more informed about electric vehicle, battery, capacitor and other relevant technologies; so they would have a better appreciation for what he had accomplished.

He is now actively creating a series of misedutainment modules in Power Point to educate the government. Of course once they learn what a fabulous device he has they will immediately confiscate it and haul his ass to Gitmo. I expect Sterling to do a follow up on this conspiracy and subsequent cover-up phase.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

I think the MIB should seduce him back to his wicked ways. He won't be able to see god's plan so clearly and get stuck, which will send him into a spiral of depression and more drinking. Problem solved.

And way more entertaining. Not on par with getting shot by them, mind you, but still funner than just abducting him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Yes, avoiding being abducted by the MIB is key to staying in the free energy game. Richard Willis of Magnacoaster is living proof of that. Fat people really are harder to kidnap. Yes, some people have those lucky "metabolic syndrome" genes. I have to get by with a "Skinny people are harder to shoot" T-shirt.
    Well, I don't know about you all (or you lot, or you mob, depending on latitude and longitude) but whenever I, personally, create a free energy device or perpetual motion machine, I immediately dismantle it to see why it's working.
    (apologies to Bertram Chandler)
    ???
    I had also asked him: "What is the longest you have been able to run your EV? Why can't you run it longer?"

Here replied: "The longest was maybe 60 - 70 minutes, at low speed (15- 18 kilometers per hour). I stopped it when the smell of burning begins. At high speeds (45 – 65 kph), immediately in less than 10 minutes, the smell of burning is already there."

Hey, that's Overunity you are smelling there, compadre.

He's got an electric car packed full of batteries. And he's made some kind of mosfet based PWM controller that doesn't work nearly as well as an OTS unit.

And I've got a case of the extreme yawns again. The only thing interesting here is the incredible resemblance to the story of the "elemental rods" and its extension to the magic Pelican suitcase of "Dr. Schwartz", also from the Philippines and also claiming to tune in to some Earth frequencies for its magic extraction of power. Except in this case it's a car, and in that case it was (or still is) the usual bank of incandescent bulbs and a fan or drill motor. Oh... the toaster, yes.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

I am overqualified to invent such devices as I studied Physics up until the end of High School.
    Posted By: loremanI am overqualified to invent such devices as I studied Physics up until the end of High School.

But you found your way into another perpetual motion machine entirely, didn't you....
    :)

(no pun intended... or was it? Move to dismiss as frivolous.....)
    Posted By: DerrickAYes, avoiding being abducted by the MIB is key to staying in the free energy game.

I am thinking of offering a line of anti-MIB crystals that you wear around your neck. They will be in the shape of garlic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

Hey, MIB, over here! Another full Angus!