Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2019

Oh, there are people who have been arrested for feeding and caring for those who cross the southern border without the right bit of paper.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Austrians told to stop French kissing COWS ref.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

They could catch a disease.
    And nobody wants their prize milkers to get sick.
    omg
    Good Morning! This will cheer you up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma1wqt_pgEo
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2019 edited

It's not alterated nor pixilated

Odessa, Washington 99159
    47.332234, -118.691988
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2019

It's basically a high desert. 250 mm annual precipitation. Winters are very cold; summers are very hot.

The circles are from rotary-arm irrigation. the square patchwork are fields.
    And the fack that it looks like a Klimt painting of two lovers kissing is just a coincidence.

But can you imagine the art, if those farmers got together on the project.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2019

Wot, and compete with the aliens?
    Posted By: alsetalokinAnd the fack that it looks like a Klimt painting of two lovers kissing is just a coincidence.
    Hmm. I see whippets fucking each other.
    Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Posted By: alsetalokinAnd the fack that it looks like a Klimt painting of two lovers kissing is just a coincidence.
    Hmm. I see whippets fucking each other.

You should spend more time in art museums and less time at the dog track.
    That would be difficult.
    Only 5 percent of the world’s population lives in the United States, but 13 percent of the global total of overweight or obese people live there. More than 160 million Americans are either obese or overweight, almost three-quarters of American men and more than 60 percent of American women are obese or overweight. At least 30 percent of American boys and girls under age 20 are either obese or overweight, up from 19 percent in 1980.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2019

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2019 edited

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanOnly 5 percent of the world’s population lives in the United States, but 13 percent of the global total of overweight or obese people live there. More than 160 million Americans are either obese or overweight, almost three-quarters of American men and more than 60 percent of American women are obese or overweight. At least 30 percent of American boys and girls under age 20 are either obese or overweight, up from 19 percent in 1980.

Have you ever considered that the available food for USans is largely sugared, fatted and salted to death? Most places think that "green vegetable" is an avocado or iceberg lettuce. Reagan tried to get ketchup certified as a "vegetable" in the diet for school lunches.

Take a look at some of the advertisements for the fast-food joints. Pure trash--if there's meat involved, it's buried under a ton of fake cheese or bacon or both. And always refined carbs for the bread.

Consider the poor minimum-wage worker who barely can afford somewhere to get out of the rain. She or he will buy whatever is available just to keep from going hungry. Cheap calories. Supermarkets typically have terrible choices, even if you "shop the perimeter". There are people who eat deep-dish pizza every single day.

We're immersed and deluged with garbage. Hell, look at the diet of Individual-1. He has no reason to eat the garbage that he does, but he does.
    I cook one good meal for my housemate and myself every evening. A nice meat course, usually grilled outside or SVd, at least two vegetables, sauteed sweet Texas onions, and a dessert of either a small ice cream cup (local chain produced, as clean as ice cream can be) or a cranberry tart of my own design. Since I've been doing this I have lost around 30 pounds and am now at the same weight I was in high school. But my housemate is +gaining+ weight and is so morbidly obese that she has trouble getting in and out of the car, and literally does nothing all day but lie in bed looking at her cellphone.
    And I think I've figured out why. That meal is my only meal, practically, of the day. If I snack it's on tortilla chips with salsa or something like that. I may make a small omelet in the morning if I know I have a busy day ahead. My sugar intake is limited to a couple teaspoons a day in my instant coffee and I watch carefully for added sugar and salt in the foods we buy. I like minimally processed food.
    But... she eats a loaf of bread a week. Yesterday I walked out and saw what she was eating for "lunch": a big bowl of raisin bran with about 4 big spoons of sugar on top[. I've seen her refuse to finish her vegetables because she's full, then eat both a cranberry tart _and_ an icecream cup for dessert. We wind up having leftovers from the dinners I cook, that she says she will eat for lunch the next day... but she doesn't, and they build up in the fridge until I toss them on Friday mornings. We probably toss enough food to feed a third person, and that just kills me. The waste has been much reduced since I've been in charge of the grocery shopping and the daily meal, but still...
    But still she gains weight. Pretty soon she will not be able to get in and out of the car at all, and then it's back to taxis for her doctor appointments.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Vegetable stir-fry tonight for us with tofu. No rice. I try to cook at least two vegetarian meals (for supper) a week.

Like you, I do the cooking in the household and try to avoid waste at all costs. Even eggshells are eaten by the dogs.

Maybe you can convince your housemate to eat whole-grain bread. A small step, admittedly, but you have to start somewhere. Leave sugar out of coffee and tea, for example.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AsterixLike you, I do the cooking in the household and try to avoid waste at all costs. Even eggshells are eaten by the dogs.

Wonder why your hens are shaking their heads all the time?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2019

Making this evening's supper, I was reminded how funny dogs can be.

My dogs will eat just about any vegetable or fruit, except for celery (I suspect it's difficult for them to chew).

As of about six months ago, the black lab wouldn't touch peppers, particularly jalapeños in any form. So the golden would get all of the ends and tips. Eventually, jealousy got the better of her and she now eats them as well. I don't give the dogs the seeds, however.

But potatoes, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, oranges (with the peel) are all fair game for them.