Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012

Phil doesn't blame anyone he knows how difficult it is to get his oxides flat and thin enough.

Hopefully going for smaller chips will enable some at least to meet the parameters required for testing.

He is not looking for somebody to blame just enough chips for an honest test.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Trim taking responsibility for his ideas being invalid would be a real change for PJH. As long as the parameters are violation of one or more thermodynamic laws, none of the chips will meet those requirements. One cannot look for an honest test until they are first honest with themselves. PJH is full on self-deluded.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: tinkerYou could always jump up and down on them.
    just iron those wrinkles out,
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Lakes
    Posted By: tinkerYou could always jump up and down on them.
    just iron those wrinkles out,
    Or just wash those thermodynamic laws out of your hair.
    You can't be too rich, or too thin.

Or have too many Quencos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

You could get awfully cold on Pluto.
    Not if I have Quencos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

So apply for a licence if it don't work won't cost you anything, if it does then you are very rich.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012

• CommentAuthorjoshs

They are building EBGs using gold. They are going to want to find some other material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Not necessarily. If the holes are 175 nanometres, then from the picture the layers of gold are only about 50 nanometres.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Trim, will you ever bother to do the math?

At $1700/oz = $59.84/gm = $1,155/cc
    50nm * 1msq / 150W = 0.05 cc / 150W = 3.33E-4 cc / W = $0.38/W just for the gold.

PV modules sell at wholesale for less than $1.00 / W
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012 edited

This is just a "moth's eye" impedance matching layer (or antireflection coating if you prefer). You can make it out of lots of things and many people have.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AngusThis is just a "moth's eye" impedance matching layer (or antireflection coating if you prefer). You can make it out of lots of things and many people have.
    I prefer EBG, but whichever term one chooses, it comes down to excluding wave modes. They may have worked with gold out of convenience. I stand by my point that they will need to use something else in order for this to be economically viable. If they were using this process on all of this year's crop of PV modules, they would have consumed about 10% of this year's world-wide gold production.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Your point was correct. Mine was that I don't see what's new and marvellous about it.
    Is it Quenco-o'clock yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: TrimPhil doesn't blame anyone he knows how difficult impossible it is to get his oxides flat and thin enough.

fixed it for ya
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012 edited

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: TrimPhil doesn't blame anyone he knows how difficult impossible pointless it is to get his oxides flat and thin enough.

fixed it for ya
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012

Posted By: AngusYour point was correct. Mine was that I don't see what's new and marvellous about it.
    AFAICT they wanted some press coverage.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012

Posted By: alsetalokinIs it Quenco-o'clock yet?