Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

Kabonk,kabonk! You didn't actually view those silly-looking videos, did you? Do the have editors and proof readers at pisswiki.com? Some of the idiocy was stated TWICE. It was a lot of stale swill. Still, rising oil prices are and will be a concern for the future. Anyone think not? And if not, why not?

As for Celente, he threw his hat in with Rossi. He'll regret it but he'll finesse his way out... he's a slime bag but a survivor slime bag.
    Oh, what I wouldn't give, for some truly fresh swill.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011

Ask Gaddafi. I understand he has plenty of swill to spare.
    It's the Same Old Swill, though, from the Colonel.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: maryyugo...Still, rising oil prices are and will be a concern for the future. Anyone think not? And if not, why not?

Because rising oil prices fuel innovations in energy efficiency.
    Because rising oil prices kill fat ass SUVs.
    Because rising oil prices reduce traffic congestions.
    Because rising oil prices makes people with ''Fat people don't walk"- T-shirts walk more often.
    Because rising oil prices will lead to less outshoring and offsourcing.
    Because rising oil prices make solar/wind/geodermal/orlol power more competitive.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Methinks he has a point, although throwing in "Because rising oil prices will probably lead to lots of fighting and killing" sort of dampens the optimistic outlook a bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Fighting and killing is unproductive, doesn't solve the problem and is a waste of resources. Maybe we underestimate the number of people who already know this.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

I wish that were true, but look at Libya.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Would Dubya be better on Libya?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: AngusWould Dubya be better on Libya?
    I don't know about "on", but maybe "in", if we send him there without the secret service and with no money. Worth testing methinks.
    • CommentAuthorlicojet

We are already paying £1.32 per litre in the UK, which is $7.80 per US gallon so neh neh neh neh neh!
    Posted By: licojetWe are already paying £1.32 per litre in the UK, which is $7.80 per US gallon so neh neh neh neh neh!
    But we go farther to the shops than you go on holiday.
    • CommentAuthorlicojet

Posted By: evolvealready
    Posted By: licojetWe are already paying £1.32 per litre in the UK, which is $7.80 per US gallon so neh neh neh neh neh!

My daily return journey to work is 115 miles. I holiday in Hawaii.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: loremanMethinks he has a point, although throwing in "Because rising oil prices will probably lead to lots of fighting and killing" sort of dampens the optimistic outlook a bit.

It's the fear of high oil prices that make people fight and invade other countries.
    Once the prices are high, the fear will disappear and innovation will start.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Poor you, licojet. A 115 mile commute in the UK is no fun. I regularly drive 500 miles across France, on the (mostly) empty toll roads. I find that much less stressfull than the 60 mile circuit around the M25 (London Orbital Motorway) that I currently do twice a week .
    • CommentAuthorlicojet

Posted By: tinkerPoor you, licojet. A 115 mile commute in the UK is no fun. I regularly drive 500 miles across France, on the (mostly) empty toll roads. I find that much less stressfull than the 60 mile circuit around the M25 (London Orbital Motorway) that I currently do twice a week .

Colchester to Cambridge is not so bad early in morning, I leave at 6:30 and the roads are pretty empty. At night the traffic flow tends to be in opposite direction so all good as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011 edited

I have a 25 mile each way daily commute. I do not have to do much driving outside of that - maybe 2 or 3 trips of around 300 to 400 miles each per month for meetings etc.

On the way to work, the first 22.5 miles takes about 25 minutes, and the final 2.5 miles takes about 15 minutes.

On the way home, the first 2.5 miles takes about 30 minutes, and the remaining 22.5 miles takes me about 25 minutes.

I am happy as long as either journey (to work or from work) doesn't take longer than an hour.

I have had much longer daily commutes for previous jobs, and have also had jobs that involved a lot of driving (400 miles per day being typical). I find that driving for longer than 4 hours at a time makes me quite stoned, and in my opinion driving for longer than that is worse than driving after having 4 or 5 drinks. The irony is that I would never ever drive after having 4 or 5 drinks, but I would almost definitely drive for 5 or 6 hours if I thought it was necessary. Irrational!

Posted By: licojet
    Posted By: evolvealready

My daily return journey to work is 115 miles. I holiday in Hawaii.
    OK, you ARE as wasteful as us then. Congratulations?
    Yesterday, in San Antonio, regular unleaded 10 percent ethanol gasoline was 2.99 US / gallon. Today it is 3.19 US / gallon.
    Bada-bing-bada-bummer. That's an extra 2 dollars a tankful for me, and a lot more for those SUVs and Ram Trucks buzzing around. For a city with 20 percent unemployment, there sure are a lot of the gente living high on the cabrito.