Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011 edited

Dr Kiki science hour.

Wow does he seem a genuine guy.

The nuclear alternative
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011

Well worth watching, is China going to pinch America's big idea?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

• CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: TrimWell worth watching, is China going to pinch America's big idea?
    You mean America's big idea from the early 1960's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011

Exactly the military bypassed it for their own reasons (plutonium). Leading to a waste problem as so little uranium .07% is used up. Watch the programme read the website save $500 million, write to your congress woman.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

A man and a woman wake up together in bed. They'd been partying and drinking and don't exactly recall what happened except that it involved lots and lots of sex. The woman tries a bit of conversation. "Hi. I'm Betty." He replies, "I'm Thor." She lisps back, "You're Thor? Well I'm tho thor I can hardly pith!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Thuperb!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

When I first heard about thorium reactors they needed atomic smashers to work, this one don't and thorium is a waste product of all this extra mining for rare earth's and costs a lot of money to store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Without thorium there would be no life on this planet so it is the ultimate green fuel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

I listened to that podcast last week... most excellent actually!!! Good work for sharing Trim.

As a matter of interest, how many here listen to Podcasts??? ... They are my main source of education and infotainment these days, and I have links to loads of good Sci/Tech/Astronomy based ones if anyone is interested...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I wonder when Dr Kiki will interview Philip?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: TrimI wonder when Dr Kiki will interview Philip?
    You mean PJH who is rapidly staring down a conference where he doesn't appear to have any useful content to present.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

;-)
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011

I thought so. He's got what, about three months left to the conference? I hope he has figured out a testable hypothesis and is well on his way to testing that hypothesis in a credible manner. I hate to see an audience put through a terrible paper, or the pain the presenter goes through trying to present one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

I don't mean to come off as critical, but I flushed better paper down the crapper, about fifteen minutes ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: legendreI don't mean to come off as critical, but I flushed better paper down the crapper, about fifteen minutes ago.

LOL - I love it! Very "no offense but..." or "with all due respect..."!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011

Indeed. Not meaning any offence, but PJH is a fucking idiot.
    Posted By: TrimExactly the military bypassed it for their own reasons (plutonium). Leading to a waste problem as so little uranium .07% is used up. Watch the programme read the website save $500 million, write to your congress woman.

Plutonium production is not the only reason nobody bothered with thorium. It only makes sense when uranium gets expensive.