Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011

Posted By: maryyugoLet me amend that.

1 April? Could it be phony? Otherwise it's a hilarious coincidence.

Hey Joshs, where did you find it?
    I was poking around Google I think.
    Someone posted it on Dizzy Deasy's forum also.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011 edited

How's Dizzy doing? I'll have to go look.

ETA: Ooh Dizzy Deasy's got a tough crowd.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Dizzy has a hellish backlog of stupid statements, projections and promises in his blog -- so many, I can't seem to find any current entry. I just don't know how to find my way in that type of blog I guess. Latest thing on here http://hdeasy.blogspot.com/ is November 2010. Is there newer somewhere I'm missing out on? I need a good laugh for the day.

You could always ring Irene Kavanagh and ask her why. she's in the phonebook
    I wish someone diplomatic would do that. Or does anyone know her email address? Or who the ^%$#&*! she is?

It keeps going round and round in my head... someone gave these Dublin slobs more than a half million dollars in this economy. It really does do bad things to my mind. I need a drink and it's way too early.

@Al Astronomy and sailing are fun. Well, usually and depending on weather. But sending cash down a deep dark and useless hole never to be seen or heard from again except for stench and beer farts? Not that attractive a prospect. I just don't see the attraction. I wonder what Sean told that woman. Do you think he kissed her before he fucked her?
    Posted By: maryyugoIs there newer somewhere I'm missing out on? I need a good laugh for the day

Dizzy has gone dark.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Can it GET more embarrassing than this?

Blogger blogtrotter said...

Sorry Cote - you haven't a clue. I was at the demo and we spoke with Sean and Seamus afterwards. This battery thing is an old canard. Seamus said that capacitors or direct leads would indeed work, but would produce a very irregular current - only a battery delivers a steady, fixed level of current, which you need to show zero CEMF - hard to compare 2 jagged lines.

Next - you didn't look at the video obviously. The most convincing part is where the oscilloscope shows power in and power out. The Pout is indeed about 3 times Pin - hence the 300%. But as Sean said, you can make it as efficient as you want. He showed that by moving the PU coil closer to the rotor - Pout then shot up and gain went to 600%! Pin stayed the same - how so? Well, the rotor slowed down. But that slowing doesn't affect Pin!

Wake up there and open your eyes. Luckily, the demo wasn;t for the common public like you, as Sean said. It was for professionals like me and developers. Get a life - get orbo!
    6:07 AM

http://hdeasy.blogspot.com/2009/12/well-things-are-hetting-up-in-steorn.html Scroll down or search
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

It was so efficient they abandoned it.
    Sean publicly stated they needed 2million euros in 2010 to break even. Not sure what they needed 2 million for seeing as how they do fuck all for most of the year except piss it up the wall.

Nice to see they are having to go cap in hand for finance because no way are they getting the forecasted revenues from the skdb sean boasted at the beginning of 2010. I wonder if anyone was dumb enough to renew their yearly €419.

So presuming 2011 goes as well as 2010 they just need another 9 dimwits to fleece and keep 'em in beer money for the rest of the year.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: maryyugo(snurp) I need a drink and it's way too early.
    As usual, we disagree amicably. Prosit!

@Al Astronomy and sailing are fun. Well, usually and depending on weather. But sending cash down a deep dark and useless hole never to be seen or heard from again except for stench and beer farts?
    Oh... you've been on Sean's yacht?
    Not that attractive a prospect. I just don't see the attraction. I wonder what Sean told that woman. Do you think he kissed her before he fucked her?

What makes you think that was the polarity of the interaction?
    Posted By: maryyugoCan it GET more embarrassing than this?

Blogger blogtrotter said...

Sorry Cote - you haven't a clue. I was at the demo and we spoke with Sean and Seamus afterwards. This battery thing is an old canard. Seamus said that capacitors or direct leads would indeed work, but would produce a very irregular current - only a battery delivers a steady, fixed level of current, which you need to show zero CEMF - hard to compare 2 jagged lines.

Next - you didn't look at the video obviously. The most convincing part is where the oscilloscope shows power in and power out. The Pout is indeed about 3 times Pin - hence the 300%. But as Sean said, you can make it as efficient as you want. He showed that by moving the PU coil closer to the rotor - Pout then shot up and gain went to 600%! Pin stayed the same - how so? Well, the rotor slowed down. But that slowing doesn't affect Pin!

Wake up there and open your eyes. Luckily, the demo wasn;t for the common public like you, as Sean said. It was for professionals like me and developers. Get a life - get orbo!
    6:07 AM

http://hdeasy.blogspot.com/2009/12/well-things-are-hetting-up-in-steorn.htmlScroll down or search

Well, that is a pretty good description of what happened, except as I recall it was 10x, not 6x, by the time Sean stopped moving the pickup coil. At first of course he claimed that the rotor did NOT slow down when he did this, but after challenges on the OF (IIRC, LMAO) he had to admit that it did. Of course, considering how it is powered.
    And, once again, TK showed his Orbettes, both 1 and 2, doing exactly this same thing with their pickup coils. I especially admire TK's clever use of the common loopstick type variable inductor for the pickup coils on Orbette 1. This enabled clear illustration of the relationship between rotor speed at equilibrium and the power extracted by the pickup coils -- a relationship displayed exactly, by Sean's (Max's really) eOrbos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

To address the actual question in the thread title, I imagine it would be something like

staigheamhpeaidh

but Duracell can tell you more accurately. He already has given the real Gaelic words.

And if you want Scottish Gaelic it would be approximately

sthphaithbheamhpheaioidhaimh
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011

USA'n-ized, I think it's spelled: repeat-Steorn-investor.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011

"The "tax year" runs from April 1st to March 31st"

Ah, I thought that must be the case, explains a lot
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2012 edited

Anyone know, offhand, where the original spreadsheet from ping is stored? I seem to remember about 20M Euros were eventually "invested" (read: squandered) but the wiki entry suggests it's more like 11. Oh well...

And that quote from Hughely Dizzy was just from last April! Anything heard from Dr. D? I hate to think about that he works on aircraft designs and tests-- scary.