Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: tinkernobody pays.

So the skdb - as a money making scheme has failed... Not only to pull in members enough to meet last years targets by orders of magnitude but also to enable a continuous yearly income. No wonder they needed propping up with some more investment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011 edited

Posted By: aber0derThose four are the most active knowledge developers

That just sounds so wrong regarding those four.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011

@Hedyl and mrflora: ROTFWL!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: tinkernobody pays.

So Sean does give advice for free?

Well.... then at least you get what you pay for, from Steorn.

And it's worth every penny, too.
    Is that their excuse for never delivering any OEDU ssOrbomination test boards?
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Hey that's my question.. What was their excuse for delaying delivery of PCBs that can be made in 24 hours?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskeptical
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011

"So the skdb - as a money making scheme has failed..."

Seems like it. I think I read (or surmised) that the SKDB hasn't been allowing new members for months. Probably since the members/test board package was announced; and there being no test boards! Existing members have not had to pay another annual fee; many of whom never paid anything initially because they were already on the previous version of the SKDB.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

"So the skdb - as a money making scheme has failed..."

It may have served its purpose and helped to flush another 500.000€ down the steornpipe.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: aber0der"So the skdb - as a money making scheme has failed..."

It may have served its purpose and helped to flush another 500.000€ down the steornpipe.
    I have a lot of trouble w/the idea that even those farmers are that dumb. The money is not going towards any technology development. The question is where is it going, and why are the farmers OK with that?
    Farmers are good at cleaning up shit.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Is the idea a tax dodge or a phony payroll? Inquiring minds want to know.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinYes.... ask him, please, if he's happy with what he bought with the money you sent him. Did he get value for his (your) Euro? Did Sean comment, once the money was paid?

This morning I received these replies to the questions I had e-mailed last evening:

My friend:
    "Hi Lode,
    some weeks ago I thought about dropping you some lines about the SKDB status, as my membership had
    it's first 'anniversary'... but somehow my other projects distracted me from doing it, but now as you had the same
    idea it's a good opportunity..."

Lode:
    "How are you doing? I am writing you because some people on the moletrap website -were people post that were first posting on Steorn's old website- someone was wondering if Sean ever answered your request that he would comment -or give advice (...deleted).
    After you entered the SKDB, did you ask Sean again, and if so, did he give you any advice?"

My friend:
    "As I entered the SKDB I expected to see all the stuff people wrote there since the SKDB start.
    But they had basically created a new one, where they put in the new members.
    The old members remained in the old SKDB, and communication was only possible through PM.
    I posted (...deleted), but I got not any resonance from Steorn staff whatsoever.
    Some days later the thread was gone. I don't know if it had been deleted or whatever...
    Some weeks later, they moved the old members over to the new section, and i think the old SKDB has been shut down."

Lode:
    "How was it to be in the SKDB? Did you get anything out of it?"

My friend:
    "No. Not at all. They are still riding their dead 'ss-Orbo' horse, but IMO there has been absolutely no proof of overunity.
    Sometimes I was shocked to see how easy it is to fool electrical engineers. Some of them only see what they *want* to see."

Lode:
    "What exactly was the reason again you lost interest?"

My friend:
    "They don't have anything which is more valid than anything you can see on youtube or on any 'free energy' forum.
    That's also the reason why nothing is 'leaked' from the SKDB: there simply is nothing to leak."

Lode:
    "Do you have any idea what is currently going on there? If so, anything interesting?"

My friend:
    "Now they have a new discovery: a toroidal coil with a core made of some special alloy (which I am not allowed to tell,
    you know, my NDA... *LOL*) allegedly produces more heat than than you put in electrically. They are talking about
    developing an 'Orbo heater' which uses this effect. But IMO the evidence it not really overwhelming..."

Lode:
    "I am asking because after not having been to that alternative forum -the moletrap- I saw a thread were people were wondering if anything was still happening in the SKDB."

My friend:
    "There are some new postings every day, but for some months the Steorn staff was completely absent.
    Then Sean M. re-appeared, threw the Orbo heater into the forum, and vanished again.
    To me it appears more like a sort of 'social network' for the old SKDB guys...

At least they extended the membership of all (old and new) members for another year for free.
    So the poor show will continue... I am logging in once per week to see if anything new has surfaced...

You can use this info as you want, but please don't quote me directly."

(I think he means "don't identify me." Reason I deleted some of the lines in my original post. I thought he had completely left the SKDB as far as being active in it and peeking in, but could still do so.)
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

PS:
    I just responded to his mail, with among other lines:

"I just posted what follows on that moletrap forum, hopefully leaving out anything that would identify you. In case you would want me to delete anything from it, I can always edit it out of my post, so let me know in case that you would want that."

Under the above lines I copied my post in the e-mail to him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Forget the toroid or the SKDB. Heat will only be generated by Steorn investors... holding Sean's feet to the fire.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: DerrickAForget the toroid or the SKDB. Heat will only be generated by Steorn investors... holding Sean's feet to the fire.

Due to the somewhat harsh but very didactic lesson given me so long ago in the Mexican mountains by that boy whom I had falsely accused of stealing my radio -I was 99% sure he had done that- I still give Steorn the benefit of my lack of absolute -100%- certainty...

(That story was the last post on page 18 in the " Focardi and Rossi - Vintage 2011" thread.)
    I always thought that was the case - that steorn weren't supporting their paid members from what that ash bloke said and clearly joining the two social networks has allowed them to continue to provide no support as the old non paying members are doing it for them. Pity they know nothing more about steorns "technology" than the rest of us, having rec'd the silent treatment for too many years. But that is shocking...what a rip!!!
    I guess that's why Craig was gloating a while back... When the two sides were integrated he thought he'd get all the amazing new information until he realised the paying members had rec'd nothing more from steorn than they had.
    What keeps them all going in there and stops them from speaking out and shouting - ripoff!! is the constant and ever changing light at the end of the tunnel. I imagine that's also what keeps the investors going too.

Thanks lode for the info.
    Its a shame that steorns light at the end of the tunnel always turns into a turnip. But the people in there are so desperate to be right they quickly forget the turnips in favour of the next carrot.
    • CommentAuthorBarguast

Thanks for the insider info, Lodewijk. Unfortunately none of it came as a surprise. Steorn continues to invent more overunity devices (but of course, doesn't want to release anything and actually make any money) and the gullible membership, under the pretence of being in an exclusive, revolutionary big-boys science club, lap it up wilfully.

El Oh El.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

Indeed!!! Thanks for the research Lode.