Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011

Posted By: gravitybootsI always thought that was the case - that steorn weren't supporting their paid members from what that ash bloke said and clearly joining the two social networks has allowed them to continue to provide no support as the old non paying members are doing it for them. Pity they know nothing more about steorns "technology" than the rest of us, having rec'd the silent treatment for too many years. But that is shocking...what a rip!!!
    I guess that's why Craig was gloating a while back... When the two sides were integrated he thought he'd get all the amazing new information until he realised the paying members had rec'd nothing more from steorn than they had.
    Steorn: Over unity stone soup without the: broth, kettle, or flame.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011 edited

Call me silly, but until I see that even the announced new device is not launched, or if it is, would not give any solid evidence even to the skeptics that it is what Steorn claims, to me they are still innocent until proven otherwise...

As they say in my country, translated: "No you have, yes you may get." : D
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: LodewijkCall me silly, but until I see that even the announced new device is not launched, or if it is, would not give any solid evidence even to the skeptics that it is what Steorn claims, to me they are still innocent until proven otherwise...

As they say in my country, translated: "No you have, yes you may get." : D

You are silly.

If there is no evidence, the presumption is that there is no energy creation. If they claim such, that makes them guilty until proven otherwise.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Let's just say that I have not actually seen what would convinced me that more heat is generated than supposedly the energy that was fed to the system could by itself have generated it. But I am going on the comments of many who know about these things while I don't.
    But maybe because those demonstrations at the Waterhouse obviously did not convince too many people -not enough for Steorn to make enough money- they might have thought of coming up with something truly convincing. Otherwise their current little income would not be enough to stay in business.

Only speculating in fantasy now, I know. But luckily I am not occupying my mind with Steorn. Except for now that I am posting here about it. In the mean time my happiness does not at all depend on their claims being true or not.

So until I would hear anything new about Steorn: out of sight, out of mind. ; )
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Lodewijkout of sight, out of mind

Indeed, they are best left as the Invisible Idiots.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Thanks for the insider info, Lodewijk. That was actually interesting. As for benefit of doubt? There never was much doubt and they wore out the benefits of it, such as it was, by the time Kinetica and their lame excuses for bringing dozens of scientists to waste time in London were expressed.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Yes, very informative in a null sort of way. Thanks, Don Lode, and please convey my appreciation to your source.

But.... you are silly.

Call me silly, but until I see that even the announced new device is not launched, or if it is, would not give any solid evidence even to the skeptics that it is what Steorn claims, to me they are still innocent until proven otherwise...

How many chances are you willing to give Steorn? As I recall, you may have arrived on the scene a bit late.... most of us have been monitoring Steorn since the Economist ad or even earlier....and some of us have some real inside information regarding those early days. They have failed your test five or six times now, or perhaps even more, and have fallen face-first into their own excrement very publicly at least twice, with Kinetica and Waterways. They are currently failing it with their failure to provide the Orbo SS edukit circuit board and inductor set to anyone, while moving on to these claims of a super-efficient heater made of mystery material. Which nobody has yet seen (publicly) and which Steorn will not allow to be properly tested by independent evaluators.
    Posted By: Lodewijkout of sight, out of mind. ; )

You're blind and crazy?
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: maryyugoThanks for the insider info, Lodewijk. That was actually interesting. As for benefit of doubt? There never was much doubt and they wore out the benefits of it, such as it was, by the time Kinetica and their lame excuses for bringing dozens of scientists to waste time in London were expressed.

What I expected after the failed Kinetica Museum demo was that they would not too long afterwards give another demo with a similar device, as Sean announced. Only this time as I recommended using magnetic bearings. I even started a thread on their forum in those days under the title "Steorn, Get Your Bearings." (Double meaning intended.) I posted that I had friends in Mexico who could produce them on order. Here is the patent:
    http://www.pymetec.gob.mx/patentex.php?pn_num=MX9707209&pn_clasi=A&pn_fecha=1999-03-31

Instead of contacting my friends Steorn came out a few months later with their own magnetic bearings... (coincidence? could be...) but never applied them to their Kinetica model.

The rest is history. But I am still curious as to whether they really will come out with what they promised recently, and what it will do, if anything. Just curious... but not really waiting for it.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: alsetalokinThanks, Don Lode, and please convey my appreciation to your source.

You're welcome. I will convey your appreciation.

What inclined me toward skepsis was what ClaNzEr reported. And if I remember well how you were treated at one point.

I had a good impression of Steorn after I got in contact with Mike Daly. He agreed to help my Mexican friend with another of his inventions. So I send Mike the diagrams and technical description of the invention -leaving parts out- to convince him it was for real. I was given those documents by the colleague of my friend who had designed the microcircuit based on the discrete parts design "Just in case something would happen to us, so the invention doesn't get lost." Mike mailed me back that he would first have to take it up with Steorn, as this had been strictly personal so far. And that in case Steorn decided not to help for conflict of interest, he would send the envelope with documents unopened back to me. I told him he could open it. Then he mailed me that he had received the documents and that I now had his written confirmation of that. That convinced me that he was very honest. I still have his e-mails.

Steorn decided to help, and asked to have my friend send a testable device to them, so that they could have it tested at the University College of Dublin at their cost. At first my friend agreed, but later changed his mind, distrusting Steorn. "Look what they did with your suggestion to buy my magnetic bearings" he told me...

Someone on that old forum did not believe my story about Steorn having been willing to help my Mexican friend. So I asked Sean to confirm it. He whispered his e-mail address to me, and we exchanged some mails. He wrote me that it was possible it had happened, but that so many things had been going on during those days that he didn't remember. He did not answer my question about whether the magnetic bearings they had started to use and produce had something to do with my suggestion on the old forum.

So that was the end of that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Careful Lode - You are slipping out of character again! Where has all your borken ingrish gone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

Posted By: DuracellWhere has all your borken ingrish gone?

Too much or not enough ROBOT?
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: DuracellCareful Lode - You are slipping out of character again! Where has all your borken ingrish gone?

I had to look that one up on Google. But even that giant only came up with "broken engrish"... : D

You wouldn't mean that my "borken ingrish" has been almost promoted to "wholy English" now would you?
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Too much or not enough ROBOT?

This biological robot is going to be laid down in its bed now, while its operator goes back stage of this virtual reality for a while to know how things are again, and be truly happy experiencing that. Otherwise my subconscious would become depressed, as this world is hell in comparison to our non-physical reality. I know that from some experiences I had which are engraved in my memory as if they happened yesterday, even though I cannot remember much about my life circumstances in those days surrounding those experiences, some of them occurring decades ago.

A doctor once made a study of why humans need sleep. Why do they go crazy and eventually even die while their bodies all the while keep functioning normally, even exactly as they do when asleep in case the person is laying quietly in bed, kept alive with water and food, but kept awake, a torture method. He could find no physiological reason for it...
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011

Well, that's an interesting story -I'm sorry your friend felt mistreated. However, the magnetic bearings they use were developed (theory-wise at least by NASA in the 70's. So maybe they never used your friends designs at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

For all the good those silly magnetic bearings did them. A robustly overunity device as claimed by Steorn wouldn't need any special bearings. And once spun up, it wouldn't need a battery. But you already knew that.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011 edited

Don Alse, from my source to you:

"Hi Lode,

thanks for forwarding this... BTW he is one of very few 'free energy' people I really respect : open-minded but
    also critical, and with a high level of technical knowledge.

Best regards,
    xxxxxxxx

Posted By: tinkerWell, that's an interesting story -I'm sorry your friend felt mistreated. However, the magnetic bearings they use were developed (theory-wise at least by NASA in the 70's. So maybe they never used your friends designs at all.

It's not that they used my friend's design of magnetic bearings as far as I know. It's that they might have picked up on the idea because of the tread I started on this subject on their forum, and instead of ordering them of my friend decided to produce their own. And my friend thought Steorn could have at least thanked me for the idea.

His other invention is a circuit that slowly turns itself into energy. So it eventually stops, but considering how much energy there is packed in a tiny bit of mass, you could run a car for a long time on a chip with his design.
    I had placed a link on the old forum to a video I had made of it in 1990, which includes a short interview with the then secretary of audiences to the presidency of Mexico in the National Palace, who declared that the devices on exhibition in his room next to the president's had been running non-stop for two months already. Later my friend told me that he was willing to give his life to have the public benefit from his work, but that he was not about to sacrifice the lives of his family for that. Here that video can be seen:
    Unlimited Clean Energy Project video

Years after I made that video, I was working for 3 months with my friends in Mexico, and contacted Siemens who has a plant in Guadalajara, Mexico where they make electric motors, and they bought some of the circuits designed to save energy. I remember putting 3 units together with Carlos, the inventor's brother, and sending them to Guadalajara to have Siemens try them out. Now they are using this design in their plant on a large scale.

My friend Aureliano -electrical engineer and the inventor- told me that he once gave a talk during a congress in Switzerland mentioning this. And that afterwards Siemens received hundreds of calls asking them about this. They asked him not to mention their name anymore, reason he only mentions that a company in Mexico is saving lots on their electric bill using his invention, but does not mention who they are. He told me even Siemens is under pressure. Big Oil is big indeed...
    Here is Aureliano's website: http://www.et3m.net/

The last time I talked to him about his Hortong as he calls it, he got upset and said: "Why do you have to remind me of that? You know I had to forget about that." I apologized. This was some 2 years ago.
    He is allowed to develop a system that uses his design but only saves energy that is already supplied by an outside source. Not to bring out his self-feeding system which is what Hortong is. That was the reason I had thought Steorn might be able to give him a hand developing Hortong anyway, under their protection. But it never happened due to my friend's distrust. And maybe also because of what he told me so long ago: that he is not willing to risk the lives of his family for it.

My hope for him is that someone else will come out with something that would be a true alternative to the burning of fossil fuels and somehow get away with it. Then my friend can come out with what he really has also.

I think this story fits in well under the name of this thread... but whether or not anyone here believes it makes no difference to me, my friend, or his project.

I wrote this just for entertainment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

TL;DR
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: legendreTL;DR

Not true that you didn't read it. You often read much longer texts then the above. Or are you saying that your attention span is not very long...? ; )

Never mind... luckily my happiness does not depend on you reading or not reading what I write. : D

But I accept your -subconscious- hint to spend my time reading and contemplating for myself.

Returning to reading The Third Millennium now...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: Lodewijk
    Posted By: DuracellCareful Lode - You are slipping out of character again! Where has all your borken ingrish gone?

I had to look that one up on Google. But even that giant only came up with "broken engrish"... : D

You wouldn't mean that my "borken ingrish" has been almost promoted to "wholy English" now would you?
    So it would appear, at least when you can't be bothered to put in the effort to stay in character! Not sure about the "wholy" part though; maybe "woolly", or "holy", or even "holey" instead?