Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011

For what it's worth, the little I know about the organization Al refers to tells me that the kind of offer he is describing would be an absolutely unique opportunity for somebody who actually had something. And it would be safe. Highly recommended.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Seems Aureliano Horta is still going strong. Videos here don't really help explain what he's doing..

http://www.et3m.net/videoone.htm

He keeps talking about feeding motors X voltage and Y current. It's much better practice to say we are feeding the motor X voltage and when the motor is delivering Z power it draws Y current.

When using motors for experimenting the only way to be sure you aren't being fooled is to put them on a dynamometer, load them up and measure the input and output power.

Anyone can make it look like a motor is recieving less/more power but is it actually outputing more?
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011 edited

Aureliano has given many demos in technical high schools, universities, and in front of scientists. Anyone serious and willing to go and see him can measure anything they want. He loves attention to his work and giving demos.
    In his lab he has many recognitions hanging on the wall and standing around. On his website is a photograph of him receiving yet another recognition for his work. I have been with him during one of those occasions organized by scientists. One recognition I remember having seen was a glass or perspex standing abstract sculpture with "Ericsson" and his name on it. I don't remember what he got it for. He had many things like that.

Anyway, I don't want to go on about this.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Let's see. We're supposed to believe that many demos in front of capable people have shown a completely new and revolutionary source of energy. And also that it has never been investigated further and nothing about it has ever been published in a scholarly journal? And at the same time Aureliano gave all these demonstrations, he was in mortal fear for his life and that of his family? Yup. Makes sense. If you've eaten a lot funny mushrooms.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: alsetalokinWell, I think I said it before, so I'll say it again here.

I have an "in", as some of you know, with an organization that is very interested in furthering the research and development of any systems that offer performance like that claimed for the Hortong device. This organization is able to supply funding, technical assistance, and laboratory facilities with literally no strings attached, information protected by ironclad NDAs, all of that -- to applicants who have a GENUINE system that ACTUALLY looks like it might be worthwhile. Unfortunately so far none of the systems submitted (and researched and funded for a time) have panned out, but not for lack of genuine trying to make them work.
    I am not talking specifically about EarthTech International, but they could conceivably become involved in testing a submitted system, as they were with Steorn in the early days, to determine if there is enough happening to justify going further.

So.... I'm calling the bluff. Don Lode, if you are still in touch with any of the principals involved in the Hortong device, let me know, let them know, and perhaps we can make this remarkable device come "out of the closet" with no danger to the inventor.

It's not bluff. But my friend's address and phone number are on his website I suppose. Otherwise I can give you his number. He does not speak English, so you would need an interpreter unless you or someone from that organization speaks Spanish. I volunteer for that. But he has no Skype and goes to an Internet café he told me... so I don't know how to go about that.

Thank you for your kind offer, by the way.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

I just checked and there is no phone number on his website under "Contact(o)".
    I'll call him and tell him about your offer, and ask him if I can give you his phone number.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Posted By: LodewijkAnyone serious and willing to go and see him can measure anything they want.

I don't want to spend my whole life visiting people. There are too many to see them all in person. How do I know which are worth spending time on? Much better to have the person themselves propose a way to demo their magic. If we can agree a test protocol and they can demonstrate it that way to someone with suitable qualifications locally first then I might let them bring it to me at their expense and repeat the test with me present. I might even offer a prize if nobody else has proposed something like this before :-)
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: cwatters
    Posted By: LodewijkAnyone serious and willing to go and see him can measure anything they want.

I don't want to spend my whole life visiting people. There are too many to see them all in person. How do I know which are worth spending time on? Much better to have the person themselves propose a way to demo their magic. If we can agree a test protocol and they can demonstrate it that way to someone with suitable qualifications locally first then I might let them bring it to me at their expense and repeat the test with me present. I might even offer a prize if nobody else has proposed something like this before :-)

Thank you too for your kind offer. I just talked to Aureliano, and he told me I can give his number to alsetalokin.
    So I'll whisper it to him. Let's start with that if you don't mind.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: maryyugoLet's see. We're supposed to believe that many demos in front of capable people have shown a completely new and revolutionary source of energy. And also that it has never been investigated further and nothing about it has ever been published in a scholarly journal? And at the same time Aureliano gave all these demonstrations, he was in mortal fear for his life and that of his family? Yup. Makes sense. If you've eaten a lot funny mushrooms.

You are free to believe what you want. And it is understandable what you think from your modern world perspective. But Mexico is a developing country. Unless you have been there you don't really know what that means. Plus Aureliano does not speak or write English, and he is not exactly a prolific writer. He spends all his work time in his lab testing and developing. He just told me happily that he has made some good progress since the last time we talked.

Maybe something comes out of what Don Alse proposed. Aureliano was willing to give it a try he said...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: ludwig
    Anyone serious and willing to go and see him can measure anything they want.

That's almost exactly Steorns line.

"We want this to start as fast as possible ... How long it will take to develop is not something we are going to judge. We're not trying to lead the jury, simply saying that it is an open process. There's only one caveat that whatever you find, you publish and let the world know."

And this...
    We are the real part of someone else's
    imagination.

That's poetry, almost Rilke-esque in its simple evocativeness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You've Goethe to be kidding!
    Well, if Emmanuel Kant, who kan?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Congratulations! That one was just Dante.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: AngusYou've Goethe to be kidding!

Dammit!
    • CommentAuthortinker

Don't get all Straussed about it, legendre.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Posted By: Lodewijk
    Posted By: cwatters

Thank you too for your kind offer. I just talked to Aureliano, and he told me I can give his number to alsetalokin.
    So I'll whisper it to him. Let's start with that if you don't mind.

Sure. I don't think I can match the JREF prize anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: tinkerDon't get all Straussed about it, legendre.

Mann, oh Mann!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Please.
    Just to be clear.... I don't have anything to do with JREF or Randi or his prize. There are several other prizes specifically offered to "free" energy / overunity claimants, including Hal Puthoff's One Watt Challenge, and I would be more than happy to help a credible claimant apply and contest for these prizes, waiving my usual consulting fee, just for the pleasure of BIRGing.