Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2012

I think Li'l Miss MOSfret might be described as a technical virgin.
    Posted By: AngusI think Li'l Miss MOSfret might be described as a technical virgin.

She's certainly never been penetrated by anything like a scientific education, that's for sure.

Her idea of a physics textbook is "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" by Gary Zukav, and she thinks integration is probably a good idea as long as all the kids are treated equally regardless of which side of the tracks they go home to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012

Posted By: alsetalokinBut you've missed the more important qrestion... what kind of hrebs go well with sprinach?

Basil. Parsley. Chives. Or for something perhaps a bit unusual - fresh young Garlic stems. Basil in particular works well with spaghetti/penne (boil, drain, mix with olive oil, a little crushed garlic and season well with pepper), while still hot mix in the spinach leaves (sprinkle some into the pasta and mix that well before adding more so you don't end up with a single congealed lump of wilted spinach). Then serve on a plate and sprinkle finely chopped fresh basil over it and some grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano or for a bit more ... err ... character, pecorino (preferably from proceno or the surrounding villages).

A few capers into the mix. Mmmmm.
    MMmmmmm... I agree. Now you've made me hungry.

I'm fresh out of Proceno pecorino though, so I'll have to use some of the left over dried out Kraft American slices from the Valentine's Day picnic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012

Foie Gras, Lobster, Rhubarb & Custard at L'Ecrivain. OK, so the starters and main were cruel and evil, but OTOH they were oh so delicious ...
    Foie Gras I can understand. Stuff that goose!

But the rest.... how in heck do you get a lobster to eat rhubarb?

That is definitely cruelty to crustaceans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012

Lobsters eat anything. Which is why I don't eat them.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

You apparently have never had chickens. They eat anything too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Have to admit I don't like chickens much either. But at least for chickens you have to gind the anything up. Lobsters eat it just as it rots.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Lobsters eat it just as it rots.

As I said, you have never had chickens . . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Urgh.
    Had some friends, they had a flower farm, and chickens.
    Had breakfast there, eggs sunny side up, delicious. Went outside to look around...
    chickens feasting on... earwigs, by the hundreds.
    its death and corpses all the way down
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012

That's why I'm eating a pretzel.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012 edited

Posted By: loremanThat's why I'm eating a pretzel.

You do _not_ want to know what that pretzel ate for breakfast, back when it was wheat.

I still can't eat a sunny side up egg, and if the yolk is a deep rich golden yellow... I'm liable to puke, and then have nightmares. Don't you know, earwigs will eat their way into your brain if you let them get into your earhole, lay they lil aigs in thar, pret'soon you be dancin wild, an no tarantella neither.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: loremanThat's why I'm eating a pretzel.

You do _not_ want to know what that pretzel ate for breakfast, back when it was wheat.

I still can't eat a sunny side up egg, and if the yolk is a deep rich golden yellow... I'm liable to puke, and then have nightmares. Don't you know, earwigs will eat their way into your brain if you let them get into your earhole, lay they lil aigs in thar, pret'soon you be dancin wild, an no tarantella neither.
    I prefer the parasites in my food cooked dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012

A most excellent meal at The Cliff House. Lobster to start, followed by Turbot for the main course and a pistachio souffle for dessert, each course accompanied by a different perfectly complementary glass of wine chosen by our sommelier. A glass of the Tyrconnell single malt whiskey beforehand, and a glass of Longueville House Apple Brandy afterwards. Foodie heaven!
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2012 edited

Posted By: DuracellFoodie heaven!
    Drinkapoo heaven also, apparently. Sounds delicious though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012 edited

Fish and Chips.

Sea bass cooking in wine and water (50/50) with potatoes, tomatoes, onion and garlic. No shotgun required to subdue the fish.

10 mins in, turn fish and add parsley, lots and lots of parsley. Then add more.

Separate fish and big veg onto plate (discard onion/garlic/stewed parsley). Strain juice into a frying pan on high heat, reduce. Add some capers, grapes, olives and a dash of sherry, reduce ... (not a glaze but not water ... ) pour sauce over fish. Serve with Chips...

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2012

Steak, medium rare. Should be ready in about an hour ... or two.