Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011

This new form of Vegan cooking featured on YouTube isn't exactly bland either...
    Vegan Black Metal Chef

Funniest thing I've seen all week! I only wish this guy could do a cooking demo for gRant's congregation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: DerrickAThis new form of Vegan cooking featured on YouTube isn't exactly bland either...
    Vegan Black Metal Chef

Funniest thing I've seen all week! I only wish this guy could do a cooking demo for gRant's congregation.

That is very funny!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

• CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011

http://www.digitaltrends.com/international/japanese-scientists-creates-meat-out-of-feces/

Just when you thought it was safe......
    I'm certain I've already had one of those.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011 edited

http://www.digitaltrends.com/international/japanese-scientists-creates-meat-out-of-feces/

"The researchers then extracted those proteins, combined them with a reaction enhancer and put it in an exploder which created the artificial steak."

That's the funniest thing I've read in weeks.. put it in an exploder???

Something called an 'exploder' makes artificial steaks from human shit, lol?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: legendrehttp://www.digitaltrends.com/international/japanese-scientists-creates-meat-out-of-feces/

"The researchers then extracted those proteins, combined them with a reaction enhancer and put it in an exploder which created the artificial steak."

That's the funniest thing I've read in weeks..put it in an exploder???

"Solution to the Global Food Crisis - Let them eat shit!" - LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

On another note..

Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure that's Hermann Göring Josef Goebbels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011

"Exploder" is NipponGoodnewspeak for "Bomb". That is, a pressurized reaction vessel used to produce an exothermic, catalyzed reaction. Think "reductive amination", which is how some protein building blocks can be synthesized. Curiously, the same or very similar "exploder" apparatus can be used for other interesting things, like tabletop cold fusion and making substituted amphetamines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011 edited

A couple thoughts..

Sauerkraut: Hot or cold?

While I'm a great fan of kraut, it doesn't always like me.. it will drop in for a brief visit, but it never stays very long. Sometimes, it even leaves before the meal is over. Nevertheless, I do partake on a semi-regular basis.

Recently, I've been eating it cold - right of the fridge. I enjoy the crunchy, tart, relish-like character of it when it's chilled. It seems to lose something when cooked up.. just isn't the same. Having been inspired by the pickled vegetables at my favorite local Cambodian restaurant, I've even been mulling over a slaw-like recipe that incorporates the kraut, along with finely shredded raw carrot, parsnip and/or papaya, foule, tomatoes, etc.

So how do you prefer to take your kraut - hot or cold? And, do we have any sweet & sour red cabbage fans, about the moletrap?

Kimchi?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011 edited

Me, four for four.
    Cold kraut, for example on a hot day, or on a hot dog....
    Hot sauerkraut, little caroway seeds in it, beside the jaäagerschnitzel mit kartoffelsalat und spätzle..... ausgezeichnet!
    Red cabbage.... I make it properly, Austro-Hungarian style, stinks up the house, makes your eyes water, brings good luck (and thumpers!), I'm starting to drool just thinking about it....
    Kimchee --- our exVNvet crazy recluse friend makes it in his front yard, buries it in jars.... after six weeks or so it's pretty damn good, he uses Mexican chiles.....I eat half-a-jar at a time, don't come near me.....

(Don't warm yer Kraut in the microwave, that destroys the orgone or something. Heat in a saucepan over a flame.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011

Meh - vegetables! Show me the sausages!
    • CommentAuthorscience

Mmmmmmm. Food. Due to a recent exodus of cash from my bank account, I plan to stop eating out every day and am looking forward to cooking more at home. Some good ideas in this thread.

I feel a shooter and some pizzas coming on...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: legendreA couple thoughts..

Sauerkraut: Hot or cold?

While I'm a great fan of kraut, it doesn't always like me.. it will drop in for a brief visit, but it never stays very long. Sometimes, it even leaves before the meal is over. Nevertheless, I do partake on a semi-regular basis.

Sauerkraut straight from the jar (or can) is often extremely salty. I usually drain, soak in equivalent amount of tapwater for 10 minutes, and then drain again. Serve hot or cold. Use promptly.
    Jar? CAN?
    Sauerkraut is supposed to come from a _barrel_. Anything else is just pickled cabbage.
    • CommentAuthorscience

Mmmmmmm. Salt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVylasni
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011

Haggis!!