Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2017

Posted By: tinkerYou obviously didn't look at the fresh meat counter.

I said "deli", not "meat counter". Deli specializes in things ready-to-eat. If you want to tuck into a hunk of raw pork loin roast, be my guest, but I suspect that most people wouldn't want to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Believe it or not, a while ago a friend and I had dinner in a very posh, latest modern thing, top end restaurant in Ottawa. I ordered the pork. The waiter asked how I would like it done. I responded something like "Cooked, of course." I was then relegated to the limbo of the dreadfully uncool wbo don't yet know that rare pork is the latest thing.
    You can tell it's rare enough when the worms still squirm
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You'd squirm too if somebody was about to chow down on you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2017

7am shopping leads to kippers and fresh baguette. Delightfully, this will not result in a madwoman spending the rest of the day spraying vile "air fresheners" around and tut-tutting.
    One of my school friends married one of those. He never rebelled so his parents' approval did the trick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2017 edited

Driver making emergency delivery of butane to Omelette chef in Spain arrested:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2915325/barcelona-truck-shooting-butane/
    Driver is a Swedish citizen.

Trump warned us about Sweden!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2017

Duncan, this obsession with Das Drumpf is unhealthy! This was intended to make you smile!
    :-)
    Mmmm! Big chunks of albacore tuna on wheat toast with butter!
    Lamb Loin Chops sous vide. Three one inch chops with rosemary, salt & pepper warmed at 137.5 F for 2 hrs. Seared one minute each side on induction cooker in EVOO. Enjoyed with fresh baguette and sautéed fruit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017 edited

Inspired by a Thai dish I had recently, Sirloin steak strips on a Tomato & Pepper (Capsicum) salad, all tossed in a lime and fresh coriander (cilantro) dressing.
    I'd eat that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

It's one of the nicest new things I've thrown together for a while, the lime perfectly cuts through the fat of the meat and the juices from the meat are effective in place of oil for the dressing. It's quick to do so no doubt it will become a regular for me.
    Heinz microwave soup.

https://youtu.be/kHSQ8BBQT0E
    Should have had the lentils instead.

I just made a pot of them. French lentils, soaked overnight in cold water, drained and rinsed (gets rid of the glycosides) . Add fresh water, raise to boiling, add chopped onion, several cloves of garlic, coarse black pepper or even just unground peppercorns, a couple bacon slices, a couple dried Mexican peppers, a little soy sauce, a dash of powdered cinnamon. Simmer for an hour or so. Decant and serve with nice coarse rye bread and fresh cream butter. Yummy, cheap, nourishing, filling, and yummy. I'd trade my birthright for a bowl of French lentils!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017

By "French lentils", exactly what do you mean?

The "puy" lentils or the so-called "French green"?

I prefer beluga lentils in a salad, myself. Red lentils as a dal, also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2017

Zydeco.
    "French lentils" eh? Know what I mean, know what I mean? Phooaarrr!! Say no more!