Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2017

Store-boughten Chrissypud with pressure-bottled whipped cream and tea. Great! I won't hear a word against.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2017

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2017

The world's best white wine is British too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2017 edited

Not so!

A bit of award inflation going on there?

But certain things are guaranteed by trademarks: the best Champagne, the best Scotch.

And others by simple sense: the best Golden Elixir, and (maybe) the best Manuka. That last is up for grabs.
    This was stated in the cheese article
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Then we have to suspect that too.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

The bottle was described by judges as the 'perfect aperitif wine'

Those judges need an education. You don't drink the bottle, you drink the wine inside of it.
    Is this a good time to ask what one calls a room full of menstruating women?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

On the " What are you eating?" thread.

Ooooookay...
    Ha!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2017

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2017

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2018

I was out shopping the other day at our local "Closeouts R Us" store. They had a bunch of "Shore Lunch" dehydrated soups on sale at 2 packages for $5. I normally hate prepared soups--they lack flavor and texture, but the price was right for experimentation.

You dump this stuff into 7 cups (about 1.7L) of boiling water and add one can of diced tomatoes. It makes about 2L (a half-gallon) of soup.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good the result tasted--the vegetables had texture and the flavors really stood out. Definitely a notch above the canned variety.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2018

A very nice Stilton on rice crackers. Num num!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2018

'Dirty meat': Shocking hygiene failings discovered in US pig and chicken plants

In one incident, diseased meat – condemned from entering the human food chain – was placed in a container meant for edible product. An inspector discovered “carcasses of poultry showing evidence of septicemic disease ... carcasses showing evidence of having died from other causes than slaughter ... guts of carcasses, [and] poultry carcasses with heads attached.” He requested that the condemned items be removed. A similar incident was recorded some days later.

One inspector saw chicken drumsticks piling up on the floor, and instructed workers to pick them up “to be reconditioned with chlorinated water.” Again, a similar incident had occurred previously. In another incident in a bagging department, 36 shrink-wrapped whole birds were found scattered on the floor. An inspector noted: “in my presence the establishments began initiating their corrective action by picking up all affected product off the floor ... to be carried to the establishment’s designated wash station to be thoroughly rinsed off.”

Meat soiled with faecal matter was also recorded, with an inspector noting “... I observed a poultry intestine in the liver bin. The intestine was approximately 6.5 inches long and had visible faeces oozing out both ends.” The incident resulted in the livers being condemned from the human food chain.

At another Pilgrim’s Pride plant, the records reveal how deficient equipment led to a carcass becoming contaminated with faeces. “I observed one of my 10 test birds with a spot of faecal matter on the exterior of the right thigh. The spot of faecal [sic] was … brownish green in colour and had a pasty consistency,” an inspector notes. The affected bird was “retained by management for review then sent to reprocessing for reconditioning with chlorinated water.” Similar carcass contamination had been recorded before.

Internal FSIS records also highlight numerous violations at meat plants producing pork. In an incident recorded at a plant run by Swift Pork, owned by meat giant JBS, 48 pig carcasses were found to have fallen on the floor because of defective equipment, leading to contamination with “black trolley grease, floor grime and bloody smears”. The records noted: “The line was stopped for about 15 minutes. The carcasses were sent to be trimmed first then steam vacuumed with 180F water.”

On another occasion, an employee cleaned the factory floor with meat products on an adjacent conveyor belt, creating a mist that could contaminate the meat. “This mist is contaminated by the inedible debris and ... comes into contact with edible product,” an inspector observed.

In a separate incident, a pig’s head was found to have partially covered a drain, leading to “bloody waste water filling the area”. This and another blockage caused by a buildup of skin led to dirty water flooding other areas. “Because of the plugged drains, an insanitary condition was created; the bloody water in the walkway could be splashed and carried throughout the kill floor after employees walked through the puddle,” an inspector wrote.

In a different part of the factory, inspectors found a stainless steel handwash sink “plugged and approximately one-quarter full of standing bloody water with pieces of fat and meat. Production employees use this sink to clean and sanitise their hands and gloves. This creates an insanitary condition.”

The US has shockingly high levels of foodborne illness, according to a new analysis by UK pressure group Sustain. It says that annually, around 14.7% (48 million people) of the US population is estimated to suffer from an illness, compared to around 1.5% (1 million) in the UK. In the US, 128,000 are hospitalised, and 3,000 die each year of foodborne diseases.
    There's more dirty meat all over the government.

Arguably the most corrupt collection of individuals in the Western world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Get away!! Next you'll be saying that cigars are unhealthy products of captive wretches in Cuba. Is Cognac next? There has to be a limit!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: AngusGet away!! Next you'll be saying that cigars are unhealthy products of captive wretches in Cuba. Is Cognac next? There has to be a limit!

Yeah, that was pretty much my sarcastic response as well. I had no idea people were actually thinking chocolate was actually good for them in the first place.