Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2018

Superb dinner Le Crocodile, Smithe St. Vancouver should you happen to be nearby.
    I hope you didn't have to provide your own crocodile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2018

Bien sûr. What kind of people do you think we are?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2018

Milo Minderbinder was ahead of his time:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-science-cotton/modified-cotton-could-be-human-food-source-after-u-s-green-light-idUSKCN1MR26Y

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : Yossarian, I want you to do something for me.

[removes item from small bag]

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : I want to serve this to the men. Taste it and let me know what you think.

[Yossarian takes a bite]

Yossarian : What is it?

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : Chocolate-covered cotton.

Yossarian : What are you, crazy?

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : No good, huh?

Yossarian : For Christ's sake, you didn't even take the seeds out!

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : Is it really that bad?

Yossarian : It's cotton!

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : They've got to learn to like it!

Yossarian : Why?

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : Look, I saw this great opportunity to corner the market in Egyptian cotton. How was I supposed to know there was going to be a glut? I've got a hundred warehouses stacked with the stuff all over the European theater. I can't get rid of a penny's worth. People eat cotton candy, don't they? Well this stuff is better - it's made out of real cotton.

Yossarian : Milo, people can't eat cotton!

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : They've got to - it's for the Syndicate!

Yossarian : It will make them sick! - why don't you try it yourself if you don't believe me?

1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder : I did - and it made me sick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2018 edited

Flour, water, salt. Doh!

The lid does not seem to fit.
    I'd eat that.

I have to travel all the way across town to get a loaf of real bread baked the same morning. Bayerische Bauernbrot is the only bread worth the trouble.

(If I want pan frances or dulces it's only five blocks I have to travel, but I don't classify those as real bread.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2018

Wow! Most of the grocery store around here have in-house bakeries and fresh bread daily. Even the little groceroid at Red Gap, 500 souls, which is nearest me has fresh and good croissants daily (if you're early enough).
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2018

Most supermarkets around here bake frozen dough. There are some good bakeries in town, however

There's also one very good place that bakes New York-style bagels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2018 edited

I figure if it doesn't come home in a brown paper bag that you filled yourself, it isn't bread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2018

Fnord
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2018

Making chicken stock; it always strikes me as a bit odd, boiling up all this ... stuff and then throwing everything out bar the, err, stock. To be fair, the carrots, onions, celery and leek don't look very appetising after the process but ... normally as ingredients you kind of expect to eat those things - not so much a chicken carcase or bunch of bones. Still what might not make sense immediately will soon enough be a soup base or broth and then I'll salute the sacrifice of those uneaten vegetables.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2018

Well, the point is that they've given up their flavor to the stock, so they're of little use. However, I've sometimes pureed the veggie remnants and added the result to gravy as thickener. That works well.
    Posted By: AsterixWell, the point is that they've given up their flavor to the stock, so they're of little use. However, I've sometimes pureed the veggie remnants and added the result to gravy as thickener. That works well.

That's what I do. Fibre!
    These things are showing up in filet form at the local MegaSuperDooperMart. Cheap, around 2 dollars a pound. I'm afraid to eat it though. They are supposed to be farm-raised, probably in Thailand or VietNam. Scary.

Probably stuffed with Chinese plastic
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2018

three-aussie-foods-included-in-swedens-disgusting-food-museum

Vegemite and musk sticks? You've got to be kidding me!
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2018 edited

I was surprised by vegemite, jello salad and menudo. (Not because menudo isn't disgusting, but because barbacoa wasn't also included.)

Heck, I've eaten raw oysters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Do not quibble. The Swedes are world authorities on disgusting food. Sweden is the home of surströmming.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Having baby mice wine and musk sticks in the same museum is flabbergasting-I get what they're trying to say, but sugary sweets v bits of baby animals???