Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2019

The 'good life' seems to coincide with lower reproduction rates.
    salt peter perhaps
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2019

You’d have to pay Paul first
    Posted By: Terry Linglesalt peter perhaps
    No way I'm doing that
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2019

Ha!
    (Wimp).
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2019

It's still pizza week:
    Looks like the failed solution to some mathematical puzzle.
    Pizza toppings are nonassociative.
    Ah c'mon. Anchovies go with everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2019

The end result of simmering bones & stuff, straining out soilds and separating the fats, then clarifying - and that's just the broth.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2019

Looks damn fine. Nice photo as well. Could be in a magazine and everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2019

Must look good to those who eat arthropods.

As to the wiggling, maybe we should have some intimate scenes from a beef slaughterhouse for comparison.
    They are already dead - decapitated. That's just involuntary nerve/muscle contractions.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2019 edited

Durian

Tried to eat it years ago, but couldn't get past the smell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Who can?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: Angusmaybe we should have some intimate scenes from a beef slaughterhouse for comparison.
    https://www.tvn24.pl/superwizjer-w-tvn24,149,m/chore-bydlo-kupie-chore-krowy-sprzedawane-na-mieso-i-ubijane-w-rzezniach,903977.html

You’re welcome ...

Ref.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Almost makes one want to turn vegetarian ... again. In pursuit of the perfect bone broth, I had a pot of pork bones simmering away at the weekend. It did feel wrong when I was washing off the trotters but in they went. In the end, it tastes good and better put to good use. The stock itself is reduced, it then sets and can be cut into small blocks and frozen. A few bones go a long way.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThey are already dead - decapitated. That's just involuntary nerve/muscle contractions.

Hmm. So lobster consciousness resides in their heads, and doesn't persist after decapitation? And lobsters, if capable of "involuntary" motions, must be capable of "voluntary" ones, therefore they are sentient, seek to avoid noxious stimuli, etc. etc. ??

It's quite an ethical conundrum if we are squirmy about killing our food. I think the same thinking also can be applied to plants, only more slowly. So we really need to get over it: nature is red in tooth and claw, and top predators like humans have to kill other sentients in order to survive.

Still, watching the little homard bits twitching like that did put me off dinner.
    Until I smelled the lasagna baking...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: pcstru

The end result of simmering bones & stuff, straining out soilds and separating the fats, then clarifying - and that's just the broth.

I'm too lazy to upload that photo to a deepdream web app.

But it looks delicious.