Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2019

Obviously, the next move for you is to have a live string quartet in your kitchen for even better flavor.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2019 edited

Pity about the Stilton though.

Eat This: Sam Harris talks with Nick Bostrom:
    Will We Destroy the Future?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2019 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinHeat will only rile up that little spawn of Cthulhu in there.
    Plaidopus

Can I get that in a Paisley?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2019

I should have put this in the Experiments thread.

Yes, this is the DMT version. I will need some IUPAC (6aR,9R)- N,N- diethyl- 7-methyl- 4,6,6a,7,8,9- hexahydroindolo- [4,3-fg] quinoline- 9-carboxamide for paisley.
    Hah!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2019 edited

Do you know what you are eating?

Are you a victim of the great kiwi fraud?

(No New Zealanders were injured in this thread.)

"Kiwis imported from Italy were 'Frenchified' during transport so that they could be sold at a higher price," Virginie Beaumeunier of the country's DGCCRF anti-fraud agency said at a press conference.

(did he say french fried kiwis?)

https://www.france24.com/en/20190325-sweet-scheme-france-uncovers-massive-italian-kiwi-fraud
    Tonight I'll be eating blackened Cajun-style tilapia with sauteed yellow squash and onion, whole leaf spinach and green salad, one of the few meals that I can't cook in the SV apparatus. Last night it was SV chicken breasts, with mashed potatoes and tiny little peas. Yummy. I'm eating better than ever, one real meal a day, and losing weight. Also I'm completely losing the taste for "fast food", even Mexican tacos. They just don't taste good to me any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2019

Good for you Al (in every sense!).
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Leaving junk food behind and starting cooking from scratch without cheating too much with prefabs is very rewarding. Making junk food from scratch can be fun, too.

What I like about cooking is the manual work, the instant gratification and the varying, but over time improving results.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: goatcheezAre you a victim of the great kiwi fraud?

Do people actually eat kiwi fruit?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: Asterix
    Posted By: goatcheezAre you a victim of the great kiwi fraud?

Do people actually eat kiwi fruit?

I have a kiwi 'tree' but it is bisexual (a very Dioecy choice in our mostly evangelical/catholic country) and therefore decided to have no children(fruit).

(Was this answer helpful?)
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Not really. I remember cycling through the Central Valley of California around Riceland and seeing operation after operation growing those oversized gooseberries. I decided to stop by a roadside stand selling the things for a break. I noticed, not 15 feet away, a huge pomegranate bush heavy with ripe fruit. I asked if they would mind if I picked one for myself, offering to pay. "Oh, that thing!" the woman minding the stand said "We planted it for the color--we didn't know it would make a mess with the fruit. Take all you want." I filled my bag with the things, just at their peak of ripeness.

In Silicon Valley, the city-planted trees on my street were crabapples. People cleaned up the downed fruit, never suspecting that it was edible. Reminds me of people who plant fig trees but don't eat figs.

Nowadays, I'm reduced to picking blackberries growing by the side of the road.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AsterixNot really.

But I have a kiwi plant! *stomp*
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2019 edited

Ripe kiwi are delicious. Peeling can be a bitch unless you know the trick https://youtu.be/8JggNP6jogg
    When they first became available I tried them and liked them. They were flavourful and as I recall there was a hint of spearmint in the gustatory mix. But now they are like all other supermarket fruit, bland and tasteless. A couple weeks ago I bought a bunch of radishes and they were like russet potatoes, no flavor or bite at all. And I know it's not me, because I occasionally buy certified organic fruit and I definitely can taste that. The organic bananas we get lately are breathtaking they are so bananaish. But kiwis... the last ones I tried were practically inedible. I suppose they are picked too early in order to get them to market. If I see any at the farmer's market I may try them again but I have little hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2019

Italian kiwi....pure crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

A chinese gooseberry is a chinese gooseberry. And 56% of the world production comes from China.

So why complain about the Italians. What would you expect from a nice Szichuan Chianti?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

A side of fava beans.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Broadly speaking