Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2019

Posted By: alsetalokinWhen they first became available I tried them and liked them. They were flavourful and as I recall there was a hint of spearmint in the gustatory mix. But now they are like all other supermarket fruit, bland and tasteless.

I love most fruit--getting it in the peak of the season is absolute joy. But I've given up on apples--most of what you find on produce stands and supermarkets is designed for shipping, not flavor. I drove home my point to friends a few years ago by making two apple pies--one using supermarket (I think they were Fuji) apples and the second with zucchini. Spices and sugar were the same. Some actually preferred the zucchini version and thought it was apple. My take-away is that most modern apple varieties don't have much flavor I suppose I could dump a cup of Calvados into my pies, but then, what's the point of the apples?

I feel the same way about Bosc and Bartlett pears. And store-bought tomatoes. Local strawberries are in season for only about 3 weeks, tops--they're juicy and red all the way through. Most of the crop is frozen and goes into ice-cream, but getting them right out of the field is glorious.

I could never develop an affinity for kiwi fruit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2019 edited

I bet not this:

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2019 edited

Breakfast, with a bit of Grade A Vermont Maple on the flakes:
    mmm bacon and avocado mmmmmmm

I'd eat that
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2019 edited

Now just imagine that with feal Golden Elixir!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2019

"Bacon and Avocados" sounds like a new adult alternative song title.
    I imagine lumberjacks are partial to poutine for brekkies
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI imagine lumberjacks are partial to poutine for brekkies

We didn't have it back in the day. It is a newfangled invention.

Bannock and tea, that's the stuff!! Cheese curd indeed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2019

https://www.goodeggs.com/daveskillerbreadsfbay

Dave's Killer Bread.
    My favourite - the 21 grain stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2019

I saw a notice offering duck's eggs at a farm gate as I ventured farther into the forest looking for a welding shop, so I bought a dozen. They are huge and hard to crack. I fried one but the white was like neoprene. Mrs A made a half gallon of hollandais from some of the yolks. Now the rest sit in the fridge making us feel guilty. Suggesrions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Chemical / biological warfare?

Eat a large bowl of porridge and one boiled duck egg for breakfast and then situate yourself in close proximity to your targets in some poorly ventilated location...
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2019 edited

Next time look for the notice offering _fresh_ duck's eggs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

They don't seem to be particularly old, but I find it hard to tell with eggs. Turnover can't be high, it's true.

The magic of google informs that duck egg white differs from hen's egg white in ways not specified.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2019 edited

This one? https://morningchores.com/duck-eggs/ plus:

More Healthy Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Duck Eggs

More Vitamin D in Duck Eggs

More Essential Vitamins and Minerals like thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B12, and retinol.

I always fry my chicken eggs in duck fat. MMmm Don't get me started on duck fat.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: goatcheezI always fry my chicken eggs in duck fat. MMmm Don't get me started on duck fat.

Usually takes a good strong cuppa coffee to get me started. Never tried a cuppa duck fat.

Milk and sugar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

He's not eating his sandwich.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I agree with one of the commenters--he was high and forgot that he'd already eaten it.

Crikey--we can't get the cops to show up for B&E.
    Tell them it stands for Breakfast and Entertainment.