Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2019

Lots of curry places.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2019

Since leaving office, the 2020 frontrunner has pulled in "millions of dollars largely from book deals and speaking fees that ranged to as much as $200,000 per speech," The Washington Post reports via public documents. And at every one of those events, Biden has maintained one very major demand: Pasta. Contracts required that his speech hosts serve him "angel hair pomodoro, a caprese salad, topped off with raspberry sorbet with biscotti," the Post reports. He'd wash it down with "Coke Zero, Regular Coke, Orange Gatorade and black coffee," all of which had to be in his dressing room, the Post continues.
    ref.
    If you're a star, you can eat anything, and they let you do it. Grab 'em by the prosciutto, anything!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2019

Mmmm prosciutto wrapped around asiago.
    con melone for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2019

CHICAGO -- Officials say U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport thwarted a man's attempt to import dozens of pounds of African rat meat.

Customs spokesman Steve Bansbach said Tuesday that the man declared the 32 pounds of meat on June 26 when his flight arrived from the Ivory Coast. The meat was confiscated and destroyed.
    Ya gotta protect the local butchers. ref.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

And then I realised that it was the bear’s tongue. I had bitten off the bear’s tongue and it was in my mouth. I noticed straight away that the tongue was white.”
    ref.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

A polar bear, presumably.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Probably a prank. Those seagulls are pretty seagullible.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

A friend calls them "rats of the air".
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

That's what pigeons are called here.
    Seagulls are much more aggressive than pigeons though. I've seen them steal food items from people eating at outdoor tables on the Santa Cruz wharf. I mean right from the plates or even from hands! There are even warning signs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2019

Seagulls are definitely the rats of the air. Pigeons are too stupid.

West coast seagulls (the Glaucous-Winged Gull in particular) also have the feature of being ++huge++. Size of a large crow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

• CommentAuthorAsterix

For a time, we had a young golden eagle who took up residence on one of the downtown buildings. His food consisted mainly of pigeons. Stupid birds never realized what'd hit them.
    This spring and summer we have a pair of large hawks in the neighborhood. (Urban San Antonio TX). I haven't been able to determine the species, but they call back and forth to each other quite loudly all day long. Yesterday I saw one of them perched on the corner streetlight, screeching. They seem to have scared away the obnoxious whitewing doves.
    I have noticed bird species around here lately that I have never seen before in this area. Flickers, woodpeckers, little finches. I have not yet noticed the invasion of herds of starlings, and there aren't as many grackles as typical, and to have a pair of hawks nesting here is kind of strange.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

We occasionally get redtail hawks nesting here. It's fun watching them coaxing the fledglings on their first flight. Lots of calling between chick and parent.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: alsetalokinSeagulls are much more aggressive than pigeons though. I've seen them steal food items from people eating at outdoor tables on the Santa Cruz wharf. I mean right from the plates or even from hands! There are even warning signs.

Never hold up a sausage at a barbecue if there are Kookaburras in the vicinity!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Ha Ha.