Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2019

No onions !

A real genuine national emergency.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: AngusNo onions !

A real genuine national emergency.

Seems to happen quite regularly over there. Monsoons, you know.
    I can go years without onions.
    And I wouldn't choose to live in a river delta either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

When preparing anything to eat I start with onions.
    But I agree about the delta.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Yes, we have no onion. We have no onion today.

But we have bananas!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

You really know your onions.
    Walla Walla
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2019

Forget about those turkey-tryptophan myths, your mellow mood this Thanksgiving could come from a packet of powdered gravy. Just add water, heat, stir, eat and let all those awkward family conversations float away on a cloud of cannabis.

https://www.cnet.com/news/this-thanksgiving-gravy-infused-with-cannabis-should-ease-family-stress/
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2019

I will never understand the things women put on their feet.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2019

I have that, but with ducks
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2020

A container with 23.94 tons of American chicken feet cleared Chinese customs Tuesday, potentially heralding the start of a new trading era between the two countries just days before they sign a long-awaited trade deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-chicken-feet-entering-china-may-presage-new-trading-era/ar-BBYXNFy

The rest of the chicken to soon follow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2020

That's just chicken feet...
    Parson's noses to follow
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2020

Ortolan bunting. From wikipedia:

The birds are caught with nets set during their autumn migratory flight to Africa. They are then kept in covered cages or boxes. The birds react to the dark cage by gorging themselves on grain, usually millet seed, until they double their bulk. Reputedly, Roman Emperors stabbed out ortolans’ eyes in order to make the birds think it was night, making them eat even more. The birds are then thrown into a container of Armagnac, which both drowns and marinates the birds.[13][14]

The bird is roasted for eight minutes and then plucked. The consumer then places the bird feet first into their mouth while holding onto the bird's head. The ortolan is then eaten whole, with or without the head, and the consumer spits out the larger bones. The traditional way French gourmands eat ortolans is to cover their heads and face with a large napkin or towel while consuming the bird. The purpose of the towel is debated. Some claim it is to retain the maximum aroma with the flavour as they consume the entire bird at once, others have stated "Tradition dictates that this is to shield – from God’s eyes – the shame of such a decadent and disgraceful act",[13] and others have suggested the towel hides the consumers spitting out bones.[15] This use of the towel was begun by a priest, a friend of Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin.[16]
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

You want fries with that?
    Suddenly I'm imagining a planetary meatball. Hot and tasty. The smells of space!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

That's Australia you smell.