Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2020

Do commercial apples have any real quantity of flavor? Or are they most wet, sweet and somewhat tart nothings?

I say this because I recently baked a bunch of oatmeal-molasses-applesauce cookies. They came out okay, but there was no apple taste at all.

On occasion, when someone has a zucchini abundance (with arm-sized fruit), I'll take whatever they care to give me and bake a zucchini pile. Peel, seed and slice the large fruit to mimic apple pie; add the appropriate spices, sugar and lemon juice and bake into a pie shell.

Almost everyone whom I've invited to partake swears that it's apple.

This is strange because I remember apples from my childhood having quite a perfume. In the autumn, the family would lay in a bushel or two of McIntosh apples in our ersatz "root cellar". The aroma was amazing.

When I've tried to duplicate the sensation using today's McIntosh variety, I've failed miserably.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2020

It may have to do with you as well. Taste fades with age. I could never eat hot or bitter things as a child, now I am an enthusiast.

Still, I too remember Macs when they were Macs!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2020

Rainy, foggy, cool weather today (and probably for the next few days). Demands something hearty.

Linseneintopf. Just the ticket. I used nappa cabbage for the greens. I generally add some sweet sherry or port to offset the vinegar--and add a finely-diced jalapeño pepper to give it some heat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2020

Pity he's developing involuntary neck movements
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2020

It comes with eating with your pecker.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2020

Crystal Umami

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2020 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

It is, it also says on the mandatory sticker in eleven EU spooches.

Funny thing is: domestic retailers/chains like rewe edeka lidl aldi don't sell that shit. They sell gigatonnes of products that contain that stuff but not the pure, distilled form.
    And the all-hat-no-cattle powder merchants like maggi and knorr and nestlé. They try hide it from their customers.

I bought that bag of MSG because I'm curious if my (almost perfect*) culinary productions can be further enhanced.

*in my not so humble and therefore probably wrong opinion
    neurotoxin
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

"Another study conducted on German military personnel about morbid obesity indicated that morbid obesity has direct correlation with short stature."

I'm still chuckling about that one. Short is good in a soldier, but morbid obesity makes it kind of hard to get in and out of the Panzers, nicht wahr?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Cartoon: Two short fat soldiers of the Wehrmacht looking at a third one stuck in the turret of a Panzer like a cork in a bottle of Liebfraumilch.
    Caption: Zu viel kartoffelsalat mit MSG, Fritz!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

'Splains why you're hungry shortly after eating Chinese food.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: alsetalokin"Another study conducted on German military personnel about morbid obesity indicated that morbid obesity has direct correlation with short stature."

Science!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: alsetalokinShort is good in a soldier

That was before 'Side grip' was a thing. A dumb thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2020

Won't Someone Give Him a Hand?

...or an arm, or, at least, a big toe?
    mmm bacon balls!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2020 edited

A Canadian man threw the internet into a frenzy after showing what happened when he
    asked for “extra cream cheese” with his McDonald’s order.

R
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2020

Welcome to the jungle: US Marines drink the blood of beheaded cobras and chomp on tarantulas and scorpions as they learn survival skills during wargame exercises in Thailand
    R