Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I'm gonna lay down my burdens down by the riverside
    Down by the riverside down by the riverside
    Oh I'm gonna lay down my burdens down by the riverside
    Ain't gonna study war no more
    Well I ain't gonna study war no more ain't gonna study war no more
    I ain't gonna study war...I'm gonna lay down my sword and shield down by the riverside
    I'm gonna lay down my sword and shield down by the riverside
    Well I ain't gonna study war...
    I ain't gonna study war...
    I'm gonna put on my robe and crown down by the riverside
    I'm gonna put on my robe and crown down by the riverside
    Well I ain't gonna study war...
    I ain't gonna study war...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2020 edited

Posted By: alsetalokin...
    I'm gonna put on my robe and crown corona down by the riverside
    Down by the riverside down by the riverside...
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2020 edited

I've decided to treat every meal as if it could be my last.

Tonight I grilled a small NY strip steak, half for me and half for the housemate. Asparagus and sweet corn-on-cob and mashed potatoes and spring greens salad and guacamole on the side, Pick-a-Peppa steak sauce and kimchee for garnishes, locally made chocolate ice cream for dessert. A shot of straight Gordon's gin for an aperitif, a glass of boxed Franzia Merlot to cut the grease, a cup of Taster's Choice instant coffee afterwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2020

Isopropanol fingerbowl?
    If it were your last, then have a big juicy steak instead. Oh, and instant coffee? Really?
    Too lazy to break out the French press just after dinner. I usually wait until after 10 pm for the good stuff.
    Posted By: goatcheezIsopropanol fingerbowl?

Just more gin...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2020

Rocket?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2020

It's not from a goat.

What is the best cheese in the world? This Swiss gruyere reigns supreme.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/06/swiss-gruyere-wins-world-championship-cheese-contest-wisconsin/4973148002/
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Just ground up some Jamaica Blue Mountain beans (at six times the price of our ordinary, which is fairly dear itself) and made a cup of espresso. Decent coffee but definitely not worth the difference. So much for our experiment with the velvet rope this morning.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: goatcheezWhat is the best cheese in the world? This Swiss gruyere reigns supreme.

Stupid competition. As in "what's the best vegetable?" I'd no sooner want gruyere on my nachos or in my Greek salad than I'd want rutabaga on my hamburger.

Like the Swiss say, "En cada tierra su uso y en cada casa su costumbre."
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Interesting. Romansh?
    Google translate is happy with it as either Spanish or Romanian, but not Italian.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie

Spanish.
    Also, I don‘t like Gruyere. Never bought it.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2020 edited

French or Swiss?

Cheese is a world of its own. I prefer Mexican Cotija to Greek Feta, for example.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

got hold of some Amish blue the other day

it wasn't salty enough
    Cheese shops. Another bit of culture shock that I experienced when living in Canadia. Cheese shops all over the place. One was two blocks from the first apartment I rented. Thursday was the Fresh Cheese day, and people queued outside the place on Thursday mornings waiting for the place to open, and the line would stretch past my apartment's front stoop.

There was (I suppose still is) one in Kensington Market that could be smelt for blocks, even over the cannabis haze. Somebody said it smelled like the Feet of God.

You can get any kind of cheese you like here in SAT at the Gucci-B, but I don't think there are any pure cheese shops around here. Not even the Monty Python kind.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

One thing that's hard to come by here is cheese curds. Don't know why--how are the USAns supposed to enjoy a good poutine?
    By watching someone else eat it?