Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2020

Posted By: BigOilRepI did though and it was fascinating.

It is.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Still haven't learned the bachelor's trick of cleaning up as you go along, though. By the time dinner is done, all that spilled and scattered debris will have baked itself into the stove and countertop and will be twice as hard to remove later. Take it from a confirmed bachelor: clean up as you go along. Never let it get as bad as it is in that video, because pretty soon you'll get used to it being that way. Fight entropy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I on the other hand, though firmly married for record numbers of years, always clean up fanatically as I go along. I compensate by letting Mrs A do most of the cooking.
    Another trick is to do the washing up immediately after eating, or at least within a few minutes. The release of dopamine in the brain and serotonin in the gut as digestion begins creates a powerfully rewarding neurochemical cocktail, and within a few weeks you will be addicted to having a clean kitchen before you go to bed at night, and the joyous experience of not waking up to a sink full of slimy dirty cold water and a bunch of last night's congealed leftovers.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Helps to have a dish washer to load as you go. One must keep one's mise en place in order.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: AngusI on the other hand, though firmly married for record numbers of years, always clean up fanatically as I go along. I compensate by letting Mrs A do most of the cooking.

I do all the cooking and clean up as I go (often includes mopping the floor in the prep area). Other than the completed meal, you can't tell that I've used any pots or utensils. After-meal cleanup I leave to my lovely wife.

It really makes the work easier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

We do the reverse most of the time. Maybe that's why I'm so keen on the clean. Sometimes however, we work in tandem. I clean the disgusting messes as she makes them. If the delay gets too short it gets agitated. I should post a video.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Why are you so mean? I 'kärcher'* the kitchen once a month.

•  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2020 edited

we order takeout

she goes get it

i pay

i takeout garbage
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2020

Finnish Easter food

Noted for its laxative properties.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2020

Where do you get malted rye?

...oh... Finland... Or maybe a Canadian whisky distillery.
    You never ate "mämmi", you don't know what you missed.

Oh, well. I wonder why we only eat this stuff once a year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2020

Must you use Seville orange zest or will any zesty orange do?
    Posted By: goatcheezMust you use Seville orange zest or will any zesty orange do?

Look. Whatever is in the stuff won't matter much, because you gonna cover that with sugar and cream. A lot of sugar and cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2020 edited

Yesterday: Körriwuast/Pommes. (Selbstgebaut)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2020

Num num. Haven't had that since Berlin days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2020

I love the cute little fork. https://youtu.be/_JASmLvJXxw
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2020 edited

That has scratched the mental itch of "What kind of potato do people living outside of North America use for their fries/chips/frites? In the US (and I suspect) also Canada, it's the Russet potato. In particular, if it's for frying, the Russet Burbank cultivar (large and lots of starch).

Personally, I don't care much for russet potatoes, other than they're cheap. My go-to utility potato is the Yukon Gold (edible skin, smooth (not grainy) texture). Thank you, Canada!

Another favorite is the fingerling, for roasting.
    10 pioneer-era apple types thought extinct found in US West
    https://apnews.com/4b08b6e30cbe37697120466d56f294a5