Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorping1400
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2011

Steorn were a financial engineering company, they didn't care about technology ... look what I just found

(Defkalion Green Technologies is looking more and more like Steorn ...)
    Oh, that's why they never did technology.
    The October 20 registration date was several months after the initial Economist Ad. You would have thought they would have done that prior.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

it's steorn investments...could it be they were seeking for funds gullable investors?
    Whatever happened to Steorn Labs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: genesisit's steorninvestments...could it be they were seeking for[strike]funds[/strike]gullable investors?

Could also be the opposite.
    They secured 15 million Euro of investment and could have been looking for ways of getting away with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2011 edited

HA! why not...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Whoaaa!! It's a conspiracy. Great work Columbo.
    • CommentAuthoraveeguy
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited

(Defkalion Green Technologies is looking more and more like Steorn ...)

At least they have not missed a deadline yet. I bought nickel futures. I think speculation is already taking place as I'm up $450 on a $5000 investment in the last 3 weeks. I'm prepared to bail out as soon as it starts to look shaky. If I come out a few dollars ahead you can't call me a chump although I fully admit that I drank the kool aid for a few years while following Steorn's progress. ticker symbol is JJN
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011

If the E-cat were real, would it really raise the price of nickel that much? Would we start melting down the bumpers from 1960 Cadillacs?
    And Rossi is looking more and more like Rossi.
    Reading the Polywell thread showed me that some of Rossi's most knowledgeable detractors are actually LENR-CF believers or agnostics with strong scientific backgrounds. I don't think their reactions are just "sour grapes".... they know the ins and outs of the LENR CF debate and understand the difficulties in experimentation and measurement, not to mention interpretation of results.

Stock markets... who knows what inflates a bubble and sets it to rising. Maybe the nickel futures manipulation is the actual point of this whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that rich nickel deposits are to be found in the vicinity of Xanthi on land controlled by Xanthoulis or some other members of the Greek aristocracy/character actor's guild.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Trying to create your personal Nickel hype? Let's call in the SEC!

But before that, some figures:

[1] Total world wide Nickel production: 1.4 million tons/year
    [2] Total world wide energy consumption: 140.000 TWh
    [3] Estimated energy production per unit Nickel using the e-cat: 2 TWh/ton (*)

[4] Total need of Nickel to fulfill all world energy need: [2]/[3] = 70.000 ton/year
    [5] Percentage of world Nickel production needed: [4]/[1] = 5%

[6] Number of e-cats to be produced by Defkalion: 300.000 per year
    [7] Total needed Nickel for Defkalion production: 150 ton/year (**)
    [8] Percentage of world Nickel production into e-cat: ~ 0.01%

Conclusions:
    [A] The Defkalion demand for Nickel will not affect the market. Not even close.
    [B] Even producing up to 20% of the world energy need with Nickel, it would increase the Nickel need with just 1%.
    [C] Don't go long in Nickel because of the e-cat scam.

(*) based on 0.5 kg of Nickel, 20 kW power and 6 month before reload for the e-cat with an real transformation rate of 10% (not all Nickel is gone when the e-cat is returned to Defkalion, I assume 90% can be won back after refining).
    (**) based on 0.5 kg of Nickel per e-cat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: alsetalokinStock markets... who knows what inflates a bubble and sets it to rising. Maybe the nickel futures manipulation is the actual point of this whole thing.

The investors behind Defkalion are from Canada.
    The top-ten of Nickel exploring companies is mostly Canadian.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited

Thanks Ping! Great job. You must wear a spreadsheet on your wrist?

Maybe the nickel futures manipulation is the actual point of this whole thing.
    That'd be interesting. Wouldn't it have been more profitable to manipulate something rarer like palladium?
    Posted By: ping1400
    Posted By: alsetalokinStock markets... who knows what inflates a bubble and sets it to rising. Maybe the nickel futures manipulation is the actual point of this whole thing.

The investors behind Defkalion are from Canada.
    The top-ten of Nickel exploring companies is mostly Canadian.

Greek expats, I thought, and Canadian mining companies operate worldwide.
    Greed, too, is universal and respects no national boundaries.
    And tulips..... I don't think anyone cared that tulips were just flowers or that there are a bazillion more tulips than anyone in their right mind could ever want or need.... nevertheless there was a time when owning a few tulip bulbs could make one rich.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

And a long time ago, I thought about investing in sardine futures. Seems they were suspected of being about to become extinct. Flipper is happy that this didn't happen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: alsetalokinAnd tulips..... I don't think anyone cared that tulips were just flowers or that there are a bazillion more tulips than anyone in their right mind could ever want or need.... nevertheless there was a time when owning a few tulip bulbs could make one rich.

Tulipmania - this is the name coined for the first documented pyramid investment scheme in history.

In 1634, tulip bulbs were traded in a special exchange in Amsterdam. People used these bulbs as means of exchange and value store. They traded them and speculated in them. The craze lasted four years and it seemed that it would last forever. But this was not to be. The bubble burst in 1637. In a matter of a few days, the price of tulip bulbs was slashed by 96%!

(the pyramid investment: another famous Dutch trading invention)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011

Posted By: ping1400The bubble burst in 1637. In a matter of a few days, the price of tulip bulbs was slashed by 96%!

I think many of the fibre optics companies beat this collapse ratio in 2000/01.
    • CommentAuthorhwarmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

I have also heard about the tulipmania and it is quite amazing how high the prices have risen back then. I guess no one would have ever thought that the price would be so high. I also love tulips and I have some in my garden but today the prices are pretty low. I think I will use a flowers online free delivery in order to even get more tulips for my garden.