Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

Posted By: ping1400
    In 1634, tulip bulbs were traded in a special exchange in Amsterdam. People used these bulbs as means of exchange and value store. They traded them and speculated in them. The craze lasted four years and it seemed that it would last forever. But this was not to be. The bubble burst in 1637. In a matter of a few days, the price of tulip bulbs was slashed by 96%!

I wisely hung on to mine. Still not cashed in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Ha!
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I remember hearing that there was a sardine crisis in the 1960's. People were hoarding cans based on a belief that sardines were becoming extinct.
    Posted By: hwarmerI have also heard about the tulipmania and it is quite amazing how high the prices have risen back then. I guess no one would have ever thought that the price would be so high. I also love tulips and I have some in my garden but today the prices are pretty low. I think I will use aflowers online free deliveryin order to even get more tulips for my garden.

Sounds like a good investment to me. Things could turn around at any moment and they could once again start selling for what they are _really_ worth.
    Posted By: maryyugoI remember hearing that there was a sardine crisis in the 1960's. People were hoarding cans based on a belief that sardines were becoming extinct.

It's much better if you use pronouns without referents.

I remember hearing that there was a sardine crisis in the 1960's. They were hoarding cans based on a belief that they were becoming extinct.
    • CommentAuthorCrastney
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012

they were wrong - cans didn't become extinct.
    they will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2012 edited

@Al
    She never uses them.