Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2012

So let me get this straight. They are unable to see the invisible matter that they expected to be present, which puts into question the existence of matter that cannot be seen. Is that it?
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Interesting. Time to start tinkering with those Isaac & Albert calculations.
    Careful what you say there, mond.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Lest anybody think that these results point to some kind of solution of the problem:
    Despite the new results, the Milky Way certainly rotates much faster than the visible matter alone can account for. So, if dark matter is not present where we expected it, a new solution for the missing mass problem must be found. Our results contradict the currently accepted models. The mystery of dark matter has just become even more mysterious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: AngusSo let me get this straight. They are unable to see the invisible matter that they expected to be present, which puts into question the existence of matter that cannot be seen. Is that it?

Perhaps the the dark matter is sentient, and has learned the value of not being seen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekiZYSVdeQ
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Posted By: AngusLest anybody think that these results point to some kind of solution of the problem:
    Despite the new results, the Milky Way certainly rotates much faster than the visible matter alone can account for. So, if dark matter is not present where we expected it, a new solution for the missing mass problem must be found. Our results contradict the currently accepted models. The mystery of dark matter has just become even more mysterious.

Agreed, they don't point to a solution. But in saying their results "contradict the currently accepted models," the models they are referring to are dark matter models.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: oakthe models they are referring to are dark matter models.
    Which of course are stopgap efforts while we await more usable data.
    the dark matter that was missing from our solar neighborhood is here on earth wreaking rainbows on the private property of freedom-loving non-global natural born citizens everywhere.
    wait, should i have put that in all caps?
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2012

Only the part following "earth"
    How does one wreak a rainbow?

I know how to sow the wind, reaping whirlwinds. Cast aspersions upon the waters.... or is that oil, I can't recall. Havoc, that I can wreak, but rainbows.... ah... they leave me Breathless--ah.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

"the Milky Way certainly rotates much faster than the visible matter alone can account for"

This is because of the stirrers
    visible matter was never very good at accounting anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

Pretty useless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinHow does one wreak a rainbow?

I know how to sow the wind, reaping whirlwinds. Cast aspersions upon the waters.... or is that oil, I can't recall. Havoc, that I can wreak, but rainbows.... ah... they leave me Breathless--ah.

Quite easily. "wreak" is the present tense of the verb whose past indefinite form is "wrought". As in "wrought iron". The sense is "to work" or "to make".

Prove me wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012

PO

Will this worsen Angus's haemorrhoids?

Quantum physics mimics spooky action into the past
    Hey, affecting the past is easy. The Ministry of Truth takes care of that, by liberal use of the Memory Hole.

It's affecting the future that is hard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012