Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011

Arrgh. You have to select "Show all bookmarks" to get the backup/restore window.

Fucking idiotic design choice, borderline insane!
    Posted By: legendreArrgh. You have to select "Show all bookmarks" to get the backup/restore window.

Fucking idiotic design choice, borderline insane!

What FF are you using??
    Look under "help", select Troubleshooting Information, then select "open containing folder", you'll see the dir structure of your current install. There should be a "bookmarkbackups" folder there containing your present .json files. Now look in the same place in your old .mozilla profile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

New install is FF 5.0, previous was 3.X.

Anyway, it's fixed.. bookmarks are imported and working.
    I used to use FoxMarks - now XMarks - to automatically backup and synch bookmarks across browser installations.

I've let it go a bit lately, must sort it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Guess it's working.. =)
    Lovely.

Default WM is a bit weak I think, but it's familiar.

Even with that version there are few shortcuts: press ALT and then click-and-drag anywhere in a window to move it for instance (i3 lets you ALT and right-click-drag to resize - no more fiddling to click on a border)
    No it's not... I can't start up your video....
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I thought Xmarks died.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

I'm not real happy with the default WM theme, the colors (everything is a shade of light gray) are just strange and not all that easy to see.

Likewise unhappy with the fact that the taskbar is on top, and there is some little pop-up icon crap on the bottom, kind of like OSX.. which I've never liked.

I suppose this stuff can be customized, but I don't know how.. yet.
    It was on it's way out, but it turns out it's a service enough people would pay for to keep it alive (but it's still free)
    @legs

Colours and window / widget styles are in Prefences, ISTR you can right click on the other furniture to change the position. And there is help.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011 edited

Posted By: legendreI'm not real happy with the default WM theme, the colors (everything is a shade of light gray) are just strange and not all that easy to see.

Likewise unhappy with the fact that the taskbar is on top, and there is some little pop-up icon crap on the bottom, kind of like OSX.. which I've never liked.

I suppose this stuff can be customized, but I don't know how.. yet.

Right click on the panel (taskbar), select Properties...?

Do you have a line of parallel desktops on the bottom right? Mine now has 4; before there were only 2. Also, aren't there little arrow buttons on the left and right corners of your taskbar (panel) any more?
    (ETA: That's a choice in "properties" too....)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

This thread has groaned on so long that Godwin's Law was invoked a few pages back. I'm much happier with my Lion now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Yes.... what OS would the Führer have chosen for the Thousand-Year Reich?

Or, for that matter, what would Jesus use??

Me, I'm downloading the .iso image for 11.04 as we speak, so I can try it out, even though I just upgraded to 10.04 a couple days ago.

(Spelnaxi accepts "Fuhrer" but not "Führer". Fail.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: alsetalokinYes.... what OS would the Führer have chosen for the Thousand-Year Reich?
    Something from IBM obviously! Maybe HolocOS?

Posted By: alsetalokinOr, for that matter, what would Jesus use??
    Go-DOS (from Son Macrosystems)?
    Surely just JeeeeezOS?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: timetrumpetSurely just JeeeeezOS?
    Had to be abandoned because of unreliable shut down issues, and 3 day long reboots!
    Got this Mac Mini working perfectly now - VMs copied, data transferred etc. And so, obviously, it's the right time to apply the Lion upgrade and flush the whole shooting match down the pan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

Posted By: timetrumpetGot this Mac Mini working perfectly now - VMs copied, data transferred etc. And so, obviously, it's the right time to apply the Lion upgrade and flush the whole shooting match down the pan.

Whoa fella! If that's the original PowerPC mini you can't install Lion.
    @angus

No, likely my terminology is incorrect, it's this:

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MM41.0042.B00
    SMC Version (system): 1.65f2

It's finished upgrading - all my VMs still work, and that's the main thing. XCode and associated dev. tools tomorrow