Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Output of the replicators:
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Wow! no wonder Leno has so many.
    I'd like a print of that one, please....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Isn't there an attachment for the Sandwich Printer that does that?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: alsetalokinI'd like a print of that one, please....
    You didn't like the owl?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011

• CommentAuthorjoshs

It looks like a fantastic boondoggle to me. The enemy of airships is atmospheric disturbance. When the US last played with LTAVs they managed to kill their leading proponent: Moffett.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

"replicator" or auto repair robot never made sense except for a few limited sense (like using redundency in mission critical cases). It is much MUCH cheaper to have an expert system you replace and have a modicum of redundency in its circuit, than having something developped to make part of itself and repair itself or reproduce itself. Look at the robot in factory , the view from long ago had been robot replacing human using various tool. The robot inf actory today are very highly specialized , non itnerchangeable between jobs and literrally excel at their job.

If your target is high production low cost, specialization will trump jack of the trade.
    • CommentAuthortinker

The 'Airships are the answer' meme comes around every 20 years or so. And then it fades again - even London Docks (then in decline as a shipping hub) was being touted as an airship terminal in the 1970's.

The basic problem is that to be really useful they have to be very large and the restricted power available - because of weight and cost - means that these beautiful machines are only semi-controllable in inclement weather.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2012

BBC

Transplant jaw made by 3D printer claimed as first

I not quite sure about this, if women wear out their jaws by nagging should they get a second one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not so funny if you actually lose the mandible to disease or accident, as can happen. The Aztecs had an interesting method of execution that is relevant, but it is too horrible to repeat. (All you morbidly curious can go nuts now.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: TrimBBC

Transplant jaw made by 3D printer claimed as first

I not quite sure about this, if women wear out their jaws by nagging should they get a second one?

If the poor guy in the video below survives, then such a procedure might offer him some hope for the future:

Warning: EXTREMELY graphic and disturbing footage of a still conscious Syrian man with half his face blown off in this video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

A military airship? $400M a copy? And it can probably be brought down by a half dozen or so shoulder mounted missiles the bad guys get for free from the Ruskies or the Eyerainians?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugothe bad guys

How come it is that the "bad guys" are always the ones shooting at your stuff? Maybe there are some "bad guys" on your side too? Maybe there are some good guys who might shoot at your stuff? Shades of grey, anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: maryyugothe bad guys

How come it is that the "bad guys" are always the ones shooting at your stuff? Maybe there are some "bad guys" on your side too? Maybe there are some good guys who might shoot at your stuff? Shades of grey, anyone?
    What does the Bible say? Love your enema or some such?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Angus already does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: TrimAngus already does.

Nonsense. I never said that at all. It's a misrepresentation. I said : " Love - you're in Ma" I was playing tennis at the time, you see.