Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2016

Posted By: AsterixHow about a post to resurrect this thread?

Why bad ideas refuse to die
    Here's a volunteered sample: Windows 10's entirely new and completely different for essentially no reason GUI.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

But that's a NEW bad idea. This thread is for OLD bad ideas. Except thread drift.

Can I say "except" the way teenagers say "because"? Never mind. I did it anyway.
    Yup. Therefore Except. Because.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Downloaded alsetalokin's linked defence against involuntary downloads of W10. Must say, worked (apparently) like a charm - and removed 1.36Mb of W10 'advance' files it found on my HD.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017

• CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017 edited

Posted By: AsterixChina's Elevated Bus is Dead
    Youtube link the same video, because. I dislike script heavy webpages
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2021

In the local fishwrapper, I was reading of a small business venture called "The Hydrate Bar". No, they don't offer you a bottle or glass of something to drink--they put the stuff on an IV drip--no kidding. Their selling point is that the liquid bypasses the nuisance and interference of your digestive tract.

Mind you, this operation isn't located inside a clinic or hospital--it's a retail business located inside the student union at the university. Apparently, it's popular with athletes.

None of the operators is licensed to practice medicine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

How long can they last after the first embolism or septicemia? Who does their insurance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2021 edited

The staff look to be all RNs. They aren't cheap.

https://thehydratebar.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I like "Cure Hangover". They could open in the evening for "Prepare Hangover".
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Taking a cue from Gwyneth? Drip and CBD...

The fishwrapper was wrong about the location. Not on-campus, just off-campus. Situated close to athletic venues.

I'm thinking that football and basketball players are their target clientele. Remember that this is where the football coach makes far more than the university president.

The sports program here is nutty. Hayward Field, a track venue, used to be open to all students. With NIke money, no more--special event participants only with ticketed audiences. We have a "Football Admistration" building, a "Student Athlete" center and on an on. Not even the university president gets digs like these.
    I've never approved of the Yank university approach to sport.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Have you told them that?
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

He hasn't said anything to me about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Well if you want any action you'll have to let them know.
    I don't like to make a fuss