Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2018

@BOR don't get suckered about Trans Mountain. It's a tradition here to make protesting noise without considering the consequences of actually succeeding. We need to get trade goods to tidewater so we don't get stuck with the sort of shit we have to put up with from the Cousins. The pipeline has been running for forty years already - the project is an expansion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Maybe we could join this instead of knuckling under to WeeD and paying more money into NATO for his generals to play with.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Angus@BOR don't get suckered about Trans Mountain. It's a tradition here to make protesting noise without considering the consequences of actually succeeding. We need to get trade goods to tidewater so we don't get stuck with the sort of shit we have to put up with from the Cousins. The pipeline has been running for forty years already - the project is an expansion.

I think you mean Duracell, not me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Oh. Sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2018

I note that Russia gets a lot more respect than Canada, despite having a GDP that's 20% smaller. This must be because they invade places and throw their weight around. So I am tossing out the idea that Canada should invade something and annex it. It would have to be non-NATO to avoid a dire consequence. I was thinking of Ireland, but we like the Irish. In fact a whole lot of us came from there. So that probably won't sell.

Some investigation shows that although Aruba is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, it is not included in the provisions of NATO. Similarly the rest of the Netherlands Antilles. So perhaps we should annex Aruba. It would be useful in the winter.
    The fact that Russia controls enough nuclear weapons to wipe out most life on the surface of the Earth might have something to do with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Oh. Maybe we can borrow a few from somebody.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

We can sell you some.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2019

Nobody likes us. We're going in the garden and eat worms.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

If you make the worms mad, you'll have to cremate the bodies.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

CANZUK is the remedy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Nobody likes them either.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Posted By: aber0derCANZUK is the remedy.

At last, you said something really sensible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

@Angus

Israel will do you a great deal on nuclear weapons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

We have never followed up on our participation in the Manhattan Project as some other countries felt they should, nudge nudge. That's not to say we don't have the capacity. I don't see why we would need Israeli nukes.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

The great bulk of the Middle East probably feels the same way
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Amen
    I'm fed up with the Saudis and I'm fed up with Israel.