Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

It's possible to completely incinerate everything without leaving a mess and recycle all elements. It just costs $$ is all.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2019

Gotta be cheaper than loading it aboard a ship and transporting it a few thousand miles, unloading it, etc.

And I'm not counting the source-end "sorting" operation. Our own curbside recycler now is very picky about what they'll take. For example, they won't accept yogurt tubs or plastic jars.

They already don't take glass, so I figure that our only alternative is to forget about wasting time washing containers and just dump it all into the trash.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2019

That's essentially what the Global investigation found. The markets for recycled material are getting far more picky and a good portion, 25% to 50% of what is picked up to be recycled now ends up in landfill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2019

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2019

Posted By: AngusI am embarrass

But I'm not surprised. Dirty money pervades the world economy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Of course. Most things are.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

The Toronto Raptors just got their asses handed to them as well.

Only Drake can save you now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2019

What is the Toronto Raptors? Never mind - I looked it up. They are a bunch of tall USans who play that stupid game invented by that fellow from up the river by Ottawa. They were hardly handed their asses in losing in overtime in a series that now stands at 2-1.

And that is me on that subject for the next very long time.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: AngusThey were hardly handed their asses in losing in overtime in a series that now stands at 2-1.

Damn you, I had that third game recorded ready to watch tonight. My ass-handing was a reference to the second game.

And that is me on that subject for the next very long time.

Common, I know you're a secret baller.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2019 edited

I am proud to state that I don't even know which kind of ball the "Toronto Raptors" use in their sport. A big orange sphere, a smaller white geodesic spheroid, a dark brown oblate spheroid with pointy ends, little yellow dayglo bouncy balls with fur, hard plastic heavy balls with fingerholes .... I remain blissfully ignorant, although contextual clues lead me to guess that they may be using the big orange sphere. I wonder how that works on an ice rink though.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

They put skates on the ball, duh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Like al I take pride in my disgust at all professional sport. If the wind is good I sometimes make an exception for the finals in foiling catamaran races, over 100 ft.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Trump pardons Conrad Black
    One psychopathic narcissist to another.

Can Canada please take him back?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

He's not ours. He renounced his citizenship in order to accept the peerage. He's British. (Although I understand he has a work permit in Canada. We don't mind that if he actually does some work.)
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Hmmm, maybe we could convince DJT to do likewise. He seems to like the name "Baron".
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Clever of us don't you think? We have used the same technique in the Philippines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2019

We are accusing ourselves of genocide
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2019

Not to make light of the above, but isn't this getting a little ridiculous?
    2SLGBTQQIA (meaning two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning, intersex and asexual)