Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited

SKDB members, and myself in particular, have been rightfully accused of making vague statements, or even teasing people. I thought it right to create a new thread specifically for this sort of discussion, in the hope of directing and concentrating all such comments in one area - where they may be read, or ignored.

So then, here we go:

It's all or nothing. They're going for it.
    You must be creaming your pants to find a response here right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

"where they may be read, or ignored".

If you object, then don't read it.. or petition the site administrator to remove this thread, and ban my account.

Otherwise, you can take a flying leap.. or a long walk on a short pier - which ever you prefer.

ETA: Incidentally, this isn't my private party. Any SKDB member is more than welcome to post in this thread. I'd ever extend this offer to non-members, since it would be futile to think anyone could prevent it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009

Posted By: legendre...

So then, here we go:

I'm glad to hear it. Not before time.
    Well the Steorn server has been up graded, it's super fast so they're expecting a lot of traffic. With just 27 days until the end of the year the balloon should go up any day now.
    (Am I allowed to post that in this thread?)
    It would be better if you had the time right. Steorn has 28 days, 16 hours and 52 minutes to make good on their promise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Like all threads here, this one has a topic. But no one really expects that it will stay on-course.

Goodnight.
    Posted By: drichardsonIt would be better if you had the time right. Steorn has 28 days, 16 hours and 52 minutes to make good on their promise.

This should help: Countdown to New Year 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

"It" is going to be quite a bruising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

@Legendre:

I Don't know if your NDA allows you to answer the following questions (hopefully you can answer the first question anyway as all it requires by way of an answer is your opinion), but here goes:

1. In your opinion do Steorn have the ability to violate CoE, and create energy (and therefore more universe) from nothing, as they have claimed?

2. If the answer to 1 is yes, then have Steorn provided enough evidence / information to you in the SKDB in order for you to be able to independantly prove this to your own satisfaction.
    @all SPUD members - has anyone actually seen a working model?
    SPUD members are not allowed to say the words "YES" or "NO" without breaking their NDA.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Not even Maybe?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Man, this is going to be such a fizzer. A max anticlimax.
    • CommentAuthortinker

I'll answer for him.

1. Steorn have said. Publicly... 'Everything that happens in an Orbo system is explainable by classical physics except the result.' They claim no 'god-like' powers...but the end of classical CoE as an inviolable rule is obviously implicit in the results - and that statement.

2. If you have the skills, the know-how, and the equipment. I do.

I will ask a question. If this forum were to see an incontrovertible proof of a system for creating free energy with diagrams, how many in here could reproduce it and prove it to their own satisfaction....? Probably only a few???
    • CommentAuthorloreman

So, Tinker, still on the Grid?
    @tinker: That would rather depend on the system, wouldn't it? I could not build something with the complexity and component specifications of, say, a modern television set, if I had to make the components from scratch.
    OTOH, I have never yet seen a "free energy" device that I didn't think I could duplicate, given the time and money. And of course the plans.
    I routinely work to 0.0001 inch mechanical tolerances by hand, and better by CNC; make electrical power measurements OTOO 10e-12 Watts; deal with vacuums of 10e-8 Torr; pressures of 10e6 kiloPascals; voltages from 10e-9 V to 1.5 MV, currents from picoAmps to KiloAmps. Temperatures from 3 K to 3000 K. And sometimes all at the same time.
    Show me the plans, pay for my meals, my vices and my supplies, and I'll build and test whatever you like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: tinkerI'll answer for him.

1. Steorn have said. Publicly... 'Everything that happens in an Orbo system is explainable by classical physics except the result.' They claim no 'god-like' powers...but the end of classical CoE as an inviolable rule is obviously implicit in the results - and that statement.

Thanks but what I am interested in is Legendre's opinion of the claim from his perspective as an SKDB member- not what Steorn have said publicly.

But, with respect to 'God-like' powers: Their claim to able to create ANYTHING from NOTHING is obviously a claim to possess 'God-like' powers. In fact ex-nihilo creation is a very basic and fundamental claim that most religions make for their God(s)!

As for Steorn's laughable statement: 'Everything that happens in an Orbo system is explainable by classical physics except the result.' This should clearly lead you to suspect misinterpretation of the result rather than the "end of classical CoE as an inviolable rule "!

Posted By: tinker

2. If you have the skills, the know-how, and the equipment. I do.

Thanks again. But again what I am interested in knowing is what Legendre's opinion is of what he has been shown.

Posted By: tinker
    I will ask a question. If this forum were to see an incontrovertible proof of a system for creating free energy with diagrams, how many in here could reproduce it and prove it to their own satisfaction....? Probably only a few???

That is equivalent to asking us if this forum were to see an incontrovertible proof of the impossible with diagrams, how many in here could reproduce it and prove it to their own satisfaction?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

I can probably even arrange, if necessary, to submit a reasonably sized device to analysis in the world's most sophisticated non-military active calorimeter system, which can reliably measure thermal fluctuations of 0.001 Watt. If the Steorn device is smaller than a large CRT monitor, it will probably fit in the chamber, and if it is producing even a thousandth of a Watt more power than it is using, the calorimeter should be able to detect it.

(This calorimeter system has been publicly offered for FREE testing of cold fusion claimant devices by its builders, and has been used in several published tests of such devices. While the Steorn device does not strictly fall under this offer, I would wager that the principals involved would extend the offer and would be happy to test a Steornish device that claimed free energy production, if not one obtained from Steorn directly.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHedyL

Sean, at the Pub Down the Lane....

'Here's to all the mad crowd that dismissed us!
    Here's to those few who sent us best wishes!
    By the year's beginning
    We will have set spinning
    An army of Orbo dervishes!'