Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: bloodymediaHe thinks there is or has been something like "the tech" ...
    Fun.

Wasn't he one of the guys trying to figure out the tech behind the Whipmag?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012

This stuff is still being discussed!!?? I'm astounded. Somebody actually believed that Steorn were crowdsourcing their basic product development?
    Posted By: AngusThis stuff is still being discussed!!?? I'm astounded. Somebody actually believed that Steorn were crowdsourcing their basic product development?
    Obviously. And the best method to do so is locking a bunch of free energy perpetuum mobile believers into a box and let them work it out by themselves.
    m(
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012 edited

How does one "stall" a 6 inch bench grinder? I mean, I can do it, but whatever I do to do it will definitely "void the warranty". In normal use, though, the motor should be very lightly loaded. And I don't think one can blame the "Chicago Electric" Chinese Harbor Freight brand, because in my experience they are cheap but high-quality _for the price_ tools. I bought for a friend a 20 dollar cordless drill to replace his Ryobi 90-dollar setup that wouldn't hold a charge..... the Harbor Freight was more powerful and had better ergonomics than the bottom-grade Ryobi tool.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012

the big rabbit is another fool. Bobbotov took care of his latest rantings nicely.

Does anyone know what the PSEC is?
    • CommentAuthortinker

Anybody loading a grinder hard enough to stall it is misusing it - and probably ruining the work-piece too. But conventional motors that can be stalled while powered up for very long periods do exist. Early electrically powered railway points ('switches' in America) are one example. Now they are mostly (in Europe at least) air-operated.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: tinkerAnybody loading a grinder hard enough to stall it is misusing it - and probably ruining the work-piece too. But conventional motors that can be stalled while powered up for very long periods do exist. Early electrically powered railway points ('switches' in America) are one example. Now they are mostly (in Europe at least) air-operated.
    Current limiting drives serve the same function.
    Posted By: joshsCurrent limiting drives serve the same function.

A rubber band to keep the floppy ears back, and remembering to remove his necktie before operating the grinder.... that's all Harvey needs.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: joshsCurrent limiting drives serve the same function.

A rubber band to keep the floppy ears back, and remembering to remove his necktie before operating the grinder.... that's all Harvey needs.
    The big rabbit needs the rubber band to keep his already vacuous brains from spilling out.
    • CommentAuthorCrastney
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012

I have no written excuse.

it would now appear that I was wrong to believe.

I apologise.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: CrastneyI apologise.
    I take it that those two words include all the ranting against skeptics?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: CrastneyI have no written excuse.

I apologise.
    And of all the wonderful developments you used to claim were happening in the SKDB, what of those?
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

This isn't the first time he's lost faith in Steorn. I don't know if he'll believe in Steorn again, but I would be willing to bet he'll believe in something goofy again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLoonyman

I apologise.

Fair play to you... It takes some balls to admit you have been suckered, and I for one applaud you for being man enough to admit you were.
    Posted By: Loonyman

I apologise.

Fair play to you... It takes some balls to admit you have been suckered, and I for one applaud you for being man enough to admit you were.

I agree....Well done Crastney.

I'd also like to see Tinker man up too.

Craig of course will never admit he was wrong.
    Crastney
    Good luck, and be more skeptical of claims without proof.
    What I can not understand with any believers is what was it that was so compelling to sustain belief for so long?

-Was it all of pathological Seans lies?
    -Was it the BS about the African pumps?
    -Was it the abysmal, failed demos?
    -Was it the lack of any patents?
    -Was it the fact that no one every received any OEDU boards?
    -Was it the crappy misedutainment modules that were completely irrelevant?
    -Was it the jury's abandonment of the whole charade after two years?
    -Was it the total lack of any Validation day?
    -Was it the various developers clubs (SPDC, OS, 300, SKDB) that never got any substantive information after six years?
    -Was it the constant moving of the goal posts and them binning the Pm Orbo, the E-Orbo and the SS Orbo for Hephaheat?
    -Was it the lack of replications on something that was easy as pie to replicate?
    -Was it Phil Watson's final negative assessment after a years testing?

Oh wait, these are all reasons not to believe in the first place.

See my dilemma?
    What are all these doubts worth against a single Seansaid?
    It was the power of the group. Get a bunch of like minded individuals together in a private group and they feed off each other, lapping up the "sean saids" and accepting the goal post changes without the checks and balances of a public forum. Anyone having anything negative to say would be ousted from the group as a naysaying "pseudosceptic". Policing of the forum in this way ensured only positive comments were aired reinforcing the overall opinion of the group.
    Hugh saying he repents is no guarantee that he repents, he may just be taking the piss. ISTR he has a bit of form in that respect.