Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012

Posted By: hairykrishnaWasn't this just a 'Sean said'? As far as I was aware the only visitors were some free energy fruitcakes and bored looking passers by. No offence to any free energy fruitcakes from here that visited...
    Earthtech? many others?
    Earthtechs total technical staff comprises 5 or 6 people I think. Hardly hundreds even if they all went. Who are the many others of who you speak?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: hairykrishnaEarthtechs total technical staff comprises 5 or 6 people I think. Hardly hundreds even if they all went. Who are the many others of who you speak?
    I only saw photos and videos and there were at least dozens of serious looking mainly older adults milling around the entrance to Waterways and attending the "after session". Maybe it was all hype. I don't have an attendance list.

My main point was that Steorn was all over except for laughing after Kinetica. Anyway, it was over for anyone with a double digit IQ which I guess doesn't include the many believers who hung on way longer. Amazingly, some still hung in there after the jury added insult to the Kinetica injury.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: hairykrishna
    Posted By: maryyugoimport over a hundred scientists and engineers from all over the world

Wasn't this just a 'Sean said'? As far as I was aware the only visitors were some free energy fruitcakes and bored looking passers by. No offence to any free energy fruitcakes from here that visited...
    It is very much a Sean said. There were not even a hundred people total that I recall seeing in videos of the Kinetica non-demos.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: hairykrishnaEarthtechs total technical staff comprises 5 or 6 people I think. Hardly hundreds even if they all went. Who are the many others of who you speak?
    I only saw photos and videos and there were at least dozens of serious looking mainly older adults milling around the entrance to Waterways and attending the "after session". Maybe it was all hype. I don't have an attendance list.

My main point was that Steorn was all over except for laughing after Kinetica Sean's first public comments following the Economist advertisement. Anyway, it was over for anyone with a double digit IQ which I guess doesn't include the many believers who hung on way longer. Amazingly, some still hung in there after the jury added insult to the Kinetica injury.
    As someone who has actually met Kohei Minato and tested several of his inventions, I can say that it's perfectly plausible that the lads rented the venue based on the sure and certain knowledge that their Minato wheels did in fact work.... as long as somebody holds the stator in their hand at just the right angle. Then the issue simply becomes making a mount geometry that will do the same.... and that's where people are frantically staying up all hours in the back room trying to perfect that geometry and that adjustment, not realizing or not wanting to admit to themselves -- that it's futile.
    Exactly the same thing happened over and over with Minato and his hand-held stators.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012 edited

Mr. Hand rides again?

Hard to believe Steorn's whole claim to fame would have been an untested Minato wheel. Makes no sense. Always works all the time, 0.5 watts/cc power density, tested by universities and they just won't talk but they all agree, and all the other BS didn't originate from a Minato Wheel. I think it was rank, obvious and entirely deliberate investor fraud, premeditated and planned in detail from the start, compounded into a ridiculous clownery (Tm, Andrea Rossi) at the Waterways with Tachoman and his Ansmann batteries.
    No.... you don't understand.

The Minato wheel undeniably works and we know why: the Orbo Mangetic Introaction. It's just an engineering problem to mount the stator properly, and we're sure Max can adjust it in time for the Kinetica opening. OOps.... destroyed another set of bearings while monkeying around. Only brought 4 sets with from Dub-a-lin town. Keep trying, Max, it runs fine when you hold the damn thing, just rig some slots and adjusting screws, it's almost time for the opening.
    • CommentAuthortensor
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012

Posted By: BigOilRepIt's funny how Michael Daly, the guy who owns half the company, doesn't get a mention.

I've always suspected he was the brains behind the operation, and certainly knew it was bullshit from the start. Which is why he never made a public statement.

The very fact we don't talk about him, and it was Sean who was shoved to the front to become a laughing stock, makes me think Daley is the clever one. I would bet he skimmed millions out in consultant fee kickbacks.

ETA: HA! Just found this weirdness.Test your Steorn knowledge

I got 90% correct (only missed 2/20)!
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: alsetalokinNo.... you don't understand.
    I do understand. I don't think that's what happened. No real basis for thinking one way or another. It just seems unlikely. And even if it did happen that way, only fraud explains the rest of the claims. Nobody is *that* sloppy.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

What else has Minato invented?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugothere were at least dozens of serious looking mainly older adults milling around the entrance to Waterways and attending the "after session"

Were they actually "older adults" or were they merely "old adults", who are presumably mere striplings compared to "older adults". Or is "older" some kind of euphemism to avoid saying "old" and if so, why is "older" younger than "old".

Old, older and oldest adults want to know.
    Posted By: maryyugoNobody is *that* sloppy.

Once again, I beg to differ. The lads, except perhaps Mad Max, clearly hadn't done their homework. I don't think they realized the infringement of the Minato patents at all until someone... (ahem) pointed it out, and the silly reed switch on the EOrbo "plinth" was a mistake that anybody reading overunity dot com for an evening would know not to make. In the service they put it to, even a heavy duty mercury-wetted reed will fail before you can run around the plinth widdershins thrice. Not even a cap across the contacts!! Of course the reed is the very best at making the noisy spiky cutoff of current to the inductive portions and so "produces" the most "free energy"... but even Rosemary Ainslie could have told the lads they could get nearly the same effect with improperly switched mosfets.... which they finally proved to themselves by switching on the fly to SS relays during the demo.... because their silly reeds had all failed.

I agree that it was a scam from the start, but who is scamming whom? A clever, informed scammer would not have ripped off Minato's patents, would not have used a reed switch to start with, and would not have made the clearly outrageous claims that Sean did like when he moved the pickup coil closer and said that the COP could be ten or higher just by moving that coil closer. So I think a certain party, reaching across a language barrier and a bit of Channel, and with the arrogance of his culture and the ignorance of a free-energy neophyte, showed S and M a box of goods and they, being engaged in a desperate search for something viable to keep the Guinness flowing, suspended disbelief long enough to swallow the hook, line and sinker.
    Posted By: thehardWhat else has Minato invented?
    Look him up. He's got patents on efficient cooling fans using repulsion instead of attraction in the magnetic circuit, and some other magnet motors. His daughter is a pop star, something like the Japanese equivalent of Brittney Spears, so he's not hurting for money at all.

It's interesting to read the test reports from the big Japanese utilities and university laboratories. No real Japanese would come right out and tell someone their devices don't work as claimed and are FOS so go home. The circumlocutions they go through while telling him to bugger on off are really funny to read.

But alas... his overunity claims come down to self-deception and incorrect mensuration. We tested his "big machine", that he was sure was making lots more output electricity than he was putting in. I asked him why he couldn't loop it and make it run itself....since the input was straight DC and the output was easily-rectified AC. He said he wouldn't do it because it would offend God.

But then he did it anyway.... and sure enough, that 25 kg brass flywheel spinning along kept the output current flowing for a long time, and it took precise tachometry to show it decreasing in speed in a reasonable amount of time.
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012 edited

Poor old Max. I'm pretty sure he wasn't there from the start. But you know what they say, 'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance'.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: alsetalokin

Once again, I beg to differ. The lads, except perhaps Mad Max, clearly hadn't done their homework. I don't think they realized the infringement of the Minato patents at all until someone... (ahem) pointed it out, and the silly reed switch on the EOrbo "plinth" was a mistake that anybody reading overunity dot com for an evening would know not to make. In the service they put it to, even a heavy duty mercury-wetted reed will fail before you can run around the plinth widdershins thrice. Not even a cap across the contacts!! Of course the reed is the very best at making the noisy spiky cutoff of current to the inductive portions and so "produces" the most "free energy"... but even Rosemary Ainslie could have told the lads they could get nearly the same effect with improperly switched mosfets.... which they finally proved to themselves by switching on the fly to SS relays during the demo.... because their silly reeds had all failed.

I agree that it was a scam from the start, but who is scamming whom? A clever, informed scammer would not have ripped off Minato's patents, would not have used a reed switch to start with, and would not have made the clearly outrageous claims that Sean did like when he moved the pickup coil closer and said that the COP could be ten or higher just by moving that coil closer. So I think a certain party, reaching across a language barrier and a bit of Channel, and with the arrogance of his culture and the ignorance of a free-energy neophyte, showed S and M a box of goods and they, being engaged in a desperate search for something viable to keep the Guinness flowing, suspended disbelief long enough to swallow the hook, line and sinker.
    I disagree. I suggest you go back and look at / listen to the interviews Sean gave the first week. He knew it was all crap from Day 1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

This is a gross violation of Hanlon's Razor.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: tinkerPoor old Max. I'm pretty sure he wasn't there from the start. But you know what they say, 'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance'.

How much was yours?

Or were you just a useful idiot?
    Posted By: alsetalokinBut then he did it anyway.... and sure enough, that 25 kg brass flywheel spinning along kept the output current flowing for a long time, and it took precise tachometry to show it decreasing in speed in a reasonable amount of time

That's because he offended God.
    • CommentAuthortinker

How much of what was mine? If you mean cash, zero of course. And remember, BoR - better a useful idiot than a useless one.