Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: bloodymedia
    Posted By: Knuckles OTooleI just don't get it.

But that's what I heard from some Spud people long ago. "What do I have to lose? I can only win. If it is real I am a part of it. If it is not, I have learnt a lot."

I guess they have been prepared.

But even that doesn't add up to me. Most, if not all of the believers had strong feelings about the world energy situation and the fossil fuel dilemma. They eschewed the strangle hold of energy companies to only do what...waste their time on frivolous, pie-in-the-sky false hope? You might as well do nothing and save time and money for all the good it will do. And did they learn the most important thing from this? That there are unscrupulous people out there who will do or promise anything to get other people's money?

NewsTourette for one certainly never learns no matter how many FE scams he espouses turn out to be mirages, scams, hoaxes or just plain stupid endeavors.
    Posted By: tinkerOr a different kind of 'not getting it.'

I think you mean, 'not getting any.'
    Posted By: Knuckles OTooleBut even that doesn't add up to me.

Steorn, Rossi, Sterling D. Allan etc. they are all selling hope. And that is what NewsLiar and all the believers and gravity-deniers want. And they get it. Pure hope. Without additional accessories like reality or functioning products.

So how could they not be satisfied?
    Posted By: bloodymedia
    Posted By: Knuckles OTooleBut even that doesn't add up to me.

Steorn, Rossi, Sterling D. Allan etc. they are all selling hope. And that is what NewsLiar and all the believers and gravity-deniers want. And they get it. Pure hope. Without additional accessories like reality or functioning products.

So how could they not be satisfied?

Well, they will have a hard time running their car on pure hope.
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012

You never owned many elderly cars obviously. They are always powered by hope.
    Posted By: tinkerYou never owned many elderly cars obviously. They are always powered by hope.

Actually, I have owned several and not one of them ran on hope. Usually high maintenance costs and lots of towing services.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012 edited

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleI just don't get it.
    Of course you don't! Only Steorn's "target audience" get it ... and, oh boy, they surely did get it!
    • CommentAuthortinker

I had spanners and hope. And duct tape. Never stranded by the roadside except when I dropped a propshaft. Nasty!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: aber0derIt's the craigy from Steorns testimonial video.
    Craig Coates was in the video. He could "smell the overunity". He needs a new nose.
    Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: aber0derIt's the craigy from Steorns testimonial video.
    Craig Coates was in the video. He could "smell the overunity". He needs a new nose.

He meant he could smell the fetid stench of overunity.
    • CommentAuthortensor

aber0der didn't post the link, above:

http://www.goworkhouse.com/about/

Click thru on "Work"...there's a bunch of stuff they did for Steorn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012

Posted By: gravitybootsThat was great...definitely not written by newsliar. Free of the bullshit propaganda that craig spews out. Not 3 months ago Craig was saying steorn were doing great - liar by name, liar by nature.

Incidentally heres a wild stab in the dark - Steorn's new offices:

Workhouse
    44 Westland Row, D2 Dublin, Ireland

Not only he was saying they were doing great, but if i recall correctly he told us there would be news or an announcement or something.

So much for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleSomehow I still do not get the psychology behind either the investors or the Kult Klub members. I mean considering how they were all fucked over for time and money not one of them is pissed. And this took years of fucking over to accomplish and yet they all seem to just kind of walk away chalking it up to "well, that's how it goes." Despite all of the red flags from day one, the lies by Sean, the Jury verdict, the ridiculous demonstrations, no one seems in any way shaken by what transpired.

I just don't get it.

I don't get it either, except in the sense that I get it now why scammer perpetually get away with doing such things.

Next scam i see people tell me scammer "would not get away with it", I will point them to Steorn.
    • CommentAuthortinker

You seem to think that in general forum members had some kind of emotional investment in Steorn. Rarely the case, I assure you. There may have been a few. Generally most of us where there for fun and entertainment. I always viewed it as such -with the faintest hope that this was somehow a lottery ticket. First prize- the common good.

The thing I can't understand is how such a trivial matter arouses such venom in observers. In the scale of wickedness IMHO it hardly rates above zero.
    • CommentAuthorBarguast

Some may have an issue with certain people helping to promote a blatant scam.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: tinker. I always viewed it as such -with the faintest hope that this was somehow a lottery ticket. First prize- the common good.

That's an interesting attempt to re-write history. You were their most staunch apologist from day one – expressions like “faintest hope” were never uttered. Even after all the failed demos you were still openly marketing the SKDB and promoting Steorn - encouraging people to stump up the 419 euro to join as it was “only the price of a decent meal”.

You were either hopelessly emotionally involved or, worse, you were financially tied up with them via your ridiculous “Better than Fire” company. Probably both. “First prize – the common good” pffft….

The thing I can't understand is how such a trivial matter arouses such venom in observers. In the scale of wickedness IMHO it hardly rates above zero.

Oops! There you go again, you can’t help being the apologist can you?

Do you think ripping a bunch of farmers off for their life savings and then pissing it up against the wall rates “hardly above zero”? They probably left a trail of broken businesses and families.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Sure.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: BigOilRep
    Posted By: tinker. I always viewed it as such -with the faintest hope that this was somehow a lottery ticket. First prize- the common good.

That's an interesting attempt to re-write history. You were their most staunch apologist from day one – expressions like “faintest hope” were never uttered. Even after all the failed demos you were still openly marketing the SKDB and promoting Steorn - encouraging people to stump up the 419 euro to join as it was “only the price of a decent meal”.

You were either hopelessly emotionally involved or, worse, you were financially tied up with them via your ridiculous “Better than Fire” company. Probably both. “First prize – the common good” pffft….

Oops! There you go again, you can’t help being the apologist can you?

Do you think ripping a bunch of farmers off for their life savings and then pissing it up against the wall rates “hardly above zero”? They probably left a trail of broken businesses and families.
    Don't assume "common" means everyone.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Indeed, I have noticed on life's journey that some are more common than others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Looks like moletrap's predictions weren't far off.