Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Cor blimey. A bit convoluted, that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016

It's the moletrap. You have to keep up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

First you must ketchup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

For my qualifications, I have a Bachelors and Masters degree in Chemical Engineering. I've worked for over 40 years in oil refining, chemicals manufacture, power generation, coal gasification and natural gas processing. I'm an expert on hydrotreating, hydrocracking and hydrogenation commercial catalytic processes. These involve high pressure, high temperature operation using nickel/molybdenum catalyst in a hydrogen atmosphere. Sometimes cobalt/molybdenum and tungsten/molybdenum catalysts are used.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

The LENR crowd, particularly the Rossians, operate within an Internet echo chamber. Contrary voices not welcome and consonance is over-amplified.

"Echo chamber" is not my term, initially applied to the fringe political web discussion groups. But it fits LENR just as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I think a great many internet fora, including this one, are basically orgies dedicated to confirmation bias.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I think you have a point. It should be pretty obvious by now to all but the feeble-minded that Steorn is nothing but a swindle--so why does the discussion persist?
    Because Stupid
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016 edited

Posted By: ThicketFor my qualifications, I have a Bachelors and Masters degree in Chemical Engineering. I've worked for over 40 years in oil refining, chemicals manufacture, power generation, coal gasification and natural gas processing. I'm an expert on hydrotreating, hydrocracking and hydrogenation commercial catalytic processes. These involve high pressure, high temperature operation using nickel/molybdenum catalyst in a hydrogen atmosphere. Sometimes cobalt/molybdenum and tungsten/molybdenum catalysts are used.
    Thanks. You have the perfect background to put the Ni-H LENR whackjobs in their place. With all that high temperature, catalyzed Ni and H stuff, I am shocked that you did not discover LENR yourself. Are you sure you are not hiding it and getting paid richly under the table by the oil and gas industry or perhaps the nuclear fission and hot fusion criminals? Or maybe the black ops helicopter pipple?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016 edited

Posted By: AsterixI think you have a point. It should be pretty obvious by now to all but the feeble-minded that Steorn is nothing but a swindle--so why does the discussion persist?

It should have been obvious in 2008 or whenever Kinetica took place. Sean should not have had the faintest trace of credibility following that and the so-called covert videos taken at the "aftersession" and revealed widely on the internet.

The discussion persists because the persistence of Steorn, considering their performance, is amazing. Steorn supporters have reached a new low in logic and ability to reason. That is sort of interesting and it's timely. Much the same internal brain issues and intellectual malfunctions which cause belief is Steorn are behind the amazing support that people like Trump get.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Although it's hardly a glowing endorsement, Tom Whipple is again for the most part, on the wrong side of a scam. IIRC, he strongly supported Rossi and Rossifiction.

https://fcnp.com/2016/07/12/peak-oil-crisis-brilliant-light-power-progress-report/