Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: dixiepnumSo newstwit, stand up and be accounted for!

"would you trust steorn with your hard- earned savings?"

Yes or No answer only!

He was never one for putting his money where his mouth was.
    Posted By: gravityboots
    Posted By: dixiepnumSo newstwit, stand up and be accounted for!

"would you trust steorn with your hard- earned savings?"

Yes or No answer only!

I have to imagine Sean and Co. have been laughing their assess off at the like of Craig and his ilk. Sean knowing this was all bullshit all along and having Craig as cheerleader must have been quite a hoot down at the pub.
    Come come. It's hardly fair to compare the lads and their playtoys with the wondrous potlatches of state-supported warfare. It takes a government to waste some serious money, and many of their gadgets actually work, especially the ones that make big piles of debris out of organized structures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012

Posted By: alsetalokinCome come. It's hardly fair to compare the lads and their playtoys with the wondrous potlatches of state-supported warfare. It takes a government to waste some serious money, and many of their gadgets actually work, especially the ones that make big piles of debris out of organized structures.

And when you destroy a $500 mud hut with a 1.8 million dollar missile, fired from a 75 million dollar fighter jet, the waste becomes high art.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinIt takes a government to waste some serious money, and many of their gadgets actually work, especially the ones that make big piles of debris out of organized structures.

That is true. To err is human, to fuck up takes a computer, but really to make a mess is a matter for Kings. However, the lads did come close to lese majeste (can't be arsed to find the accents): they managed to make disorganized structures using expensively organized components and measurement apparatus.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Posted By: gravityboots

Actually, doesn't his blog has a lot of banners and, correct me if I'm wrong, merchandise?

He is actually monetizing this bullshit. And may be the only one.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: gravitybootsHe [NE] was never one for putting his money where his mouth was.
    You mean up Sean's asshole?

Posted By: thehardHe is actually monetizing this bullshit.
    He probably averages 3 visits per week per web shite. Hardly a Google link farm success.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: maryyugoHe probably averages 3 visits per week per web shite.

And two of the visits are from his friends 007 and Craig 'Sylvia' Brown.
    Posted By: thehardHe is actually monetizing this bullshit. And may be the only one.

I don't know, Steorn with their millions made out pretty well as have some others.
    Posted By: thehard

17 odd million suggests to me that the boys in Dublin have done a pretty good job of monetizing bullshit.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: hairykrishna
    Posted By: thehard

17 odd million suggests to me that the boys in Dublin have done a pretty good job of monetizing bullshit.
    Sean said he would never work in that town again. And he's probably siphoned off enough money so that he never has to do that.
    17 odd million
    I do wounder were most of that got stashed??
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

From the published financial reports of the last years, it appears as if the directors and Sean in special, were using Steorn as if was their bank. Private loans of hundred thousands, misty 'investments' and fat bills from companies of friends. Expect the management fee of the directors to be at least 20k per month.

I still question the number of employees Steorn had during the last few years. To explain their burn-rate it must have been at least 20. But if so, what were they doing all day? Playing with magnets? There was so little output, and the web-site and IT was outsourced to their friend Shaun Menzies. Does anybody know if Steorn indeed have that many employees?
    Posted By: ping1400I still question the number of employees Steorn had during the last few years.

They could have all been relatives with no show jobs.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleThey could have all been relatives with no show jobs.
    The investors' lack of reaction has always been a mystery so I have a proposal. When he went to Africa, Sean brought back some sort of sleeping sickness and he inoculated all the investors with it at a meeting by placing it in the Guinness. That's my theory and until Barak Obama goes back to Mars, I'm sticking to it,.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: ping1400Does anybody know if Steorn indeed have that many employees?

I have some reason to doubt it.
    They had that video when someone knitted them some hats - a walkaround their offices. There were quite a few people in various rooms doing...erm...stuff and then there was the head shave charity photos. I guess they just kept themselves busy to justify the burn rate. They did have to cut back some staff though around 2009-2010 I believe.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Only the sheep farmers wept.
    Didn't a bunch of those people actually work for other companies? I vaguely remember it from back in the day but I might be imaging it. As far as I'm aware only 4 or 5 people were actually 'working' for Steorn and one or two of those were subcontractors for web stuff. The only ones who, AFAIK, handled any direct contact with Steorn were Seamus and Sean.
    Posted By: hairykrishnaThe only ones who, AFAIK, handled any direct contact with Steorn were Seamus and Sean.
    And Tachomax.