Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012 edited

Steorn's website now manages to feature Orbo without a single mention of "over unity" or "energy generation". This is such a feat that I will quote the whole thing.

Orbo

The development of Orbo® follows on from results of tests on a custom designed permanent magnet generator carried out during mid 2004. Orbo technology is based on electromagnetic interactions concerning domain rotation within ferromagnetic materials, specifically the phenomenon of delayed magnetic field propagation.

Delayed magnetic field propagation is a limited area of exploration within the physics community, while there are a number of papers that detail the test method and examination, no papers to date have gone as far as the research conducted by Steorn.

The development of this technology is continuous as work progresses to the end goal of providing a safe, stable and continuous electrical power output.

As core research and development continues a number of other technologies have been developed as a direct result, these technologies are either based on Orbo interactions or spin-outs from implementations of Orbo.

These ancillary technologies include low frequency induction heating operating on AC line frequency without the need for intervening electronics, hybrid passive magnetic bearings and a range of rotary torque measurement systems for magnetic implementations.

Note that they manage to describe something called "Orbo" without mentioning what it is supposed to do. What level of sales could possibly be generated? What is the purpose of the exercise other than maybe saving face?

The forlorn wording about "delayed magnetic field propagation" seems to me to support the idea that once upon a time they actually believed they had something, and they still hold to the hope that they saw something.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012

I read the "delayed magnetic field propagation" differently. I read it as an attempt to keep their burned investors at bay with the idea that like OJ Simpson's search for his wife's real killers, they would have found what they were looking for, if they just hadn't run out of money. Magnetic viscosity was about the only thing they ever played with that was not generally familiar to even freetards. IMO, they refer to that because it is all they have to avoid saying:

"We were playing with freaking magnets. What did you expect? Free energy?"
    They really need a copy writer. The run-on sentences and the redundant use of redundant words are stylistically grating, I don't mean lemon zest either.
    "G'day, I want to buy an Orbo please."

"Sorry, there is no such thing as an Orbo."

"But you said so on your website?!"

"Well - Orbo is a technology."

"Okay, sell me something with Orbo technology then."

"Sorry, we don't have products with Orbo technology."

"Why not?"

"It is still in development."

"And what are you going to develop?"

"Well - depends ..."

"..- on - what?"

"On what comes out ..."

"... oh ... I see ..."
    "And what are you going to develop?"

"We are not a development company, we only market IP"

"ok, can I buy some of that orbo IP then?"

"No, it needs validation by 22 scientists and a bunch of idiots on a forum."

"Do I have to wait for validation, can't I just buy some anyway?"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because our forum members haven't invented it yet"

"Oh."
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AngusThe development of this technology is continuous as work progresses to the end goal of providing a safe, stable and continuous electrical power output.

Posted By: AngusNote that they manage to describe something called "Orbo" without mentioning what it is supposed to do. What level of sales could possibly be generated? What is the purpose of the exercise other than maybe saving face?

Seems to me that first quote is about generation of energy and what Orbo is supposed to do: safe, stable and continuous electrical power output.

What level of sales? Steorn probably never really showed Orbo to anyone except blind mice or allowed a real company to test it independently. There never was anything for sale. I doubt anyone got the bearings, the BBQ chicken spit, or anything else. A few people got the plastic fantastic from Waterways because ClaNZer made up a bunch for Steorn, IIRC. Maybe a few Hall probe samples got to the supposed distributors, maybe not. Hepaheat is too weird and probably dangerous for anyone to buy. In general, nobody got anything noteworthy ever from Steorn.

My personal opinion was that it was a calculated scam from the start. I formed this impression after the Minato Wheel fiasco at the Kinetica "demo" and the lack of appropriate response and appropriate emotion from Sean following the horrible rout that this bizarre farce obviously was.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

"This orbo is not dead sir, its just resting..." :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: AngusThe development of this technology is continuous as work progresses to the end goal of providing a safe, stable and continuous electrical power output.

Seems to me that first quote is about generation of energy and what Orbo is supposed to do: safe, stable and continuous electrical power output.

I don't see that. Maybe ORBO is meant to be a voltage regulator?
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: maryyugo

I don't see that. Maybe ORBO is meant to be a voltage regulator?

No, it is an ATM machine. Sean figured out while working on the original project to provide power to ATM machines the real power lay with coming up with some gizmo that would bring in tons of cash, like an ATM machine. The underlying technology behind it all is Blarney.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: Lakes"This orbo is not dead sir, its just resting..." :)

Quiescence.

The quiescence problem, first identified and named by A. Rossi, seems to plague all free energy self-powered machines. They can be started up just fine, and would of course run forever... but then they more or less quickly come to a stop, due to quiescence.

Of course quiescence is relatively easy to overcome. You just start the machine up again with some fresh energy, and it will run forever, or until it becomes quiescent again.
    • CommentAuthortensor

Believe it or not, I dreamt of Steorn last night.
    We were eating some sort of horrible boiled Irish food, and then Sean was in a lab demo'ing(?) Orbo.
    There was a bunch of 'scopes with four channels on 'em, showing odd traces.
    That's about all I remember.

What a nightmare!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012

Posted By: alsetalokinQuiescence.

This is a very deep concept. By analogy with electrical units, quiescence would seem to be a measure of the storage of something, presumably inaction. Perhaps it measures the time from first initiation to temporary stoppage of the eternally moving machine, as a ratio to the initial energy input. The units of quiescence would be seconds per joule, or inverse Watts. This represents the storage of sufficient inaction to stop the machine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: tensorBelieve it or not, I dreamt of Steorn last night.
    We were eating some sort of horrible boiled Irish food, and then Sean was in a lab demo'ing(?) Orbo.
    There was a bunch of 'scopes with four channels on 'em, showing odd traces.
    That's about all I remember.

What a nightmare!

I think I had the same dream, except with horrible burnt Irish food. I think it was supposed to be chicken:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/x6is2c.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Just to be fair, all the Irish food I have eaten was very good.
    Posted By: AngusJust to be fair, all the Irish food I have eaten was very good.

Irish food.... hmmmm....

Why are the first things that come to mind...."potatoes" and "babies"....... ???
    • CommentAuthorloreman

That's a swift response
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: alsetalokinQuiescence.

This is a very deep concept. By analogy with electrical units, quiescence would seem to be a measure of the storage of something, presumably inaction. Perhaps it measures the time from first initiation to temporary stoppage of the eternally moving machine, as a ratio to the initial energy input. The units of quiescence would be seconds per joule, or inverse Watts. This represents the storage of sufficient inaction to stop the machine.

Surely quiesence is measured in Waits, which are seconds per newton metre (or Soons) which are a measure of Talk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You are correct. The unit W^-1 is customarily called the Wait. It has units seconds^2 per newton-metre. The unit popularly called Soon is actually a measure of time, with 1 Soon = 1 trillion billion Yottasec.