Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormensor
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009

Steorn only have 16 days to demo Orbo, I mean 3 years have passed since the Economist ad to get to this point surely they won't demo between the 24th and the 31st when nobody will see it (oh...wait a minute!)

Thoughts? Anybody think we'll get to see something spinning?
    whatever the demo thing is going to be, my guess is Sean will put it off until after the first of the year just to fuck with everyone who has tried to literally interpret his comments regarding "winter" and "this year".
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

Posted By: duncan toruswhatever the demo thing is going to be, my guess is Sean will put it off until after the first of the year just to fuck with everyone who has tried to literally interpret his comments regarding "winter" and "this year".

Well, if that's the case, then there are good many belie...I mean people who will be made to look the fool once again for insisting that they were 11111000000222222% sure orbo would come in Dec. Take the example of 00dipshit who has this to say on his website:

"Steorn have given us details of the upcoming worldwide release and events around Orbo's imminent launch. We are less than 4 weeks away from this as we speak, so it will be a December launch for free energy. Hundreds of individuals already know the techniques employed in order to gain energy from an Orbo magnetic interaction and the knowledge is indeed widespread already."

There are many other examples too. Will be interesting either way as it's a lose-lose for believers but great laughs for the rest of us.
    • CommentAuthorzackson

It IS getting rather close to 2010 to squeeze in the release of a revolutionary new technology before Christmas Festivities.
    With the end of the year approaching and everyone speculating on how Steorn are going to weasel out of this launch thing I enjoy the sweet countdown.
    Here's to you believers: ticktock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: mensorAnybody think we'll get to see something spinning?

Yep - a bagfull of the faithful trying to explain why Steorn's failure to provide unequivocal evidence of their claims, is actually just more proof that their claims are sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited

Posted By: MorgensterWith the end of the year approaching and everyone speculating on how Steorn are going to weasel out of this launch thing I enjoy the sweet countdown.
    Here's to you believers: ticktock.
    I'm sure that Sean would not fib about a thing like the timing of the demo - he said it would be before the end of the year, so before the end of the year it shall be.

Steorn's coyness about this is probably because they know they will be robbed right and left - orientals, occidentals, you name them, they'll be stealing Steorn's IP; and Steorn thinks that, somehow, the skdb and a stealth demo will keep the thieves from the door for a bit longer and give Steorn a chance to be the go-to people when you want an Orbo licence.

I can imagine them simply turning on a video stream and letting word leak out that something unusual is going on, and Sean waiting a few days and then giving a few interviews, mentioning prominently how Steorn is happy to licence the technology.

I don't know how any of that will help them, but maybe Steorn and its lawyers have a better feel for the best way to salvage as much as possible from a technology that has 'steal me' written on it.
    • CommentAuthorzackson

Spinning as in Public Relations "Spin"
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: zacksonSpinning as in Public Relations "Spin"

On that point, we knew for years that Sean & Co are spin-master.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

If they want to make money, they should focus on just one lawful country. Let the rest of the world fight it out for themselves. Taking few billion per year from one country should be enough for a company the size of Steorn.

I will take care of the other 299 countries.
    Posted By: couldbeI'm sure that Sean would not fib about a thing like the timing of the demo...

Yeah, right.

clearly you were not a member of the old SPDC, otherwise you would remember Sean promising us just after the failed demo that we would see video of working orbo tech as soon as "the video guy gets back from vacation". This turned out to be a flat out lie. As far as i know Sean never owned up to it or even tried to explain himself. Instead he basically threw Seamus under the bus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorspeccy

Posted By: duncan toruswhatever the demo thing is going to be, my guess is Sean will put it off until after the first of the year just to fuck with everyone who has tried to literally interpret his comments regarding "winter" and "this year".

In the Q&A session Sean did a bit back on the Steorn forum I questioned him when he said the demo would be this Winter. I asked him "So maybe not 2009 then?". He replied "It will be in 2009". I'd link to it but all the posts have been removed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHedyL

Sean, on Marketing.....

'When and if Orbo starts spinning
    Suggests there's some end or beginning.
    A plain rule of thumb
    Is our PR's homespun
    And if we're not losing we're winning!'
    Posted By: speccy

In the Q&A session Sean did a bit back on the Steorn forum I questioned him when he said the demo would be this Winter. I asked him "So maybe not 2009 then?". He replied "It will be in 2009". I'd link to it but all the posts have been removed.

ok then, i guess that seals the deal. Maybe the video guy is finally coming back from vacation. Or maybe it was a reason threads were deleted.
    • CommentAuthornova

I have a feeling that I get to say " I told you so " coming soon.
    I quiver in anticipation.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

There are a limited number of weaseling options to choose from to evade showing a device of any sort before year end. Steorn may simply do nothing and say nothing -- that's one likely option. We've discussed some of the others ad nauseam and barforum. The best entertainment we can hope for, other than believer-watching, is that Steorn will be a creative escapist. This time, maybe their bag of tricks is getting meager along with their remaining money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHedyL

'I probably don't need to mention
    I'm all for attacks and dissention.
    Our marketing plan
    Is to do all we can
    To capture and maintain attention!'
    • CommentAuthorloreman

"Steorn may simply do nothing and say nothing"

This is my bet as to what will transpire (I did not use the word "happen" because nothing is going to happen).
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

The question is whether Steorn still need to keep the act up. If they do, there will be some sort of 'demo' or 'launch' event, maybe just a update of the web-page. If they don't, it will be 'So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish' .

I think Sean must be tired of it, I noticed him losing and gaining weight those years. All the others around him slowly distanced themselves from the spotlight. In the end he may have won several hundred thousands, but it ain't worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7OVBBTKuA

He must be tired of it all, just like I am.
    So have a drink, say sorry to the believers, thanks to the investors, and spend the rest of your life promoting solar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009

Posted By: speccy

Mmm... That sounds very like the 550bhp motor incident when someone, I think it was Hairy, cajoled him into committing himself on the "big engine" and he was unwise enough to pluck 550bhp out of thin air.

Well, at least we won't have to wait long now to find out.