Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorspinner
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009

Posted By: Grimer
    Mmm... That sounds very like the 550bhp motor incident when someone, I think it was Hairy, cajoled him into committing himself on the "big engine" and he was unwise enough to pluck 550bhp out of thin air.

Well, at least we won't have to wait long now to find out.

Lol...
    It's about time.
    Sean mentioned in the spud that part of the (fuck us around) process was to "sort the chaff from the wheat".

There will be no Orbo this year. Sean wants to further refine his cult members. The true true true belivers will continue to stand by his side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009

Posted By: spinner
    Posted By: Grimer
    Mmm... That sounds very like the 550bhp motor incident when someone, I think it was Hairy, cajoled him into committing himself on the "big engine" and he was unwise enough to pluck 550bhp out of thin air.

Well, at least we won't have to wait long now to find out.

Lol...
    It's about time.

Indeed. But if they have what they claim then I'm sure all will be forgiven.
    Posted By: GrimerIndeed. But if they have what they claim then I'm sure all will be forgiven.

actually i think they would have a lot to answer for even then.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009

Especially then.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: couldbe
    Posted By: MorgensterWith the end of the year approaching and everyone speculating on how Steorn are going to weasel out of this launch thing I enjoy the sweet countdown.
    Here's to you believers: ticktock.
    I'm sure that Sean would not fib about a thing like the timing of the demo - he said it would be before the end of the year, so before the end of the year it shall be.
    Sure right after the Fall 2009 Uni tour in the USA. Because Sean never lies ... without at least first opening his mouth.

Steorn's coyness about this is probably because they know they will be robbed right and left - orientals, occidentals, you name them, they'll be stealing Steorn's IP; and Steorn thinks that, somehow, the skdb and a stealth demo will keep the thieves from the door for a bit longer and give Steorn a chance to be the go-to people when you want an Orbo licence.

I can imagine them simply turning on a video stream and letting word leak out that something unusual is going on, and Sean waiting a few days and then giving a few interviews, mentioning prominently how Steorn is happy to licence the technology.
    Please, I have a cold and laughing makes my stomach hurt.

I don't know how any of that will help them, but maybe Steorn and its lawyers have a better feel for the best way to salvage as much as possible from a technology that has 'steal me' written on it.
    I think you mean "bin me" written all over it.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: maryyugoThere are a limited number of weaseling options to choose from to evade showing a device of any sort before year end. Steorn may simply do nothing and say nothing -- that's one likely option. We've discussed some of the others ad nauseam and barforum. The best entertainment we can hope for, other than believer-watching, is that Steorn will be a creative escapist. This time, maybe their bag of tricks is getting meager along with their remaining money.
    Just when the Orbo was about to work, a barmaid cut-up the credit card that was to act as the critical bearing surface.
    • CommentAuthorAIEMA
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited

Steorn's coyness about this is probably because they know they will be robbed right and left - orientals, occidentals, you name them, they'll be stealing Steorn's IP; and Steorn thinks that, somehow, the skdb and a stealth demo will keep the thieves from the door for a bit longer and give Steorn a chance to be the go-to people when you want an Orbo licence.

Actually the long delays make it easier for leaks and theft of technology to happen especially given the way they have created a large, not very secure 'inner circle' of dubious credentials. If they were worried about technology theft the best strategy would have been a rapid launch to gain first mover advantage. The fact nobody else has stolen a march on them suggests there is nothing to steal.

Hello everyone BTW, long time no see.
    • CommentAuthorMorgenster

I can imagine them simply turning on a video stream and letting word leak out that something unusual is going on, and Sean waiting a few days and then giving a few interviews, mentioning prominently how Steorn is happy to licence the technology.

I don't know how any of that will help them, but maybe Steorn and its lawyers have a better feel for the best way to salvage as much as possible from a technology that has 'steal me' written on it.

Tick tock anyone? Seriously though: Tick Tock.
    It seems even the believers are speculating on how Steorn are going to weasel out of this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

Hello AIEMA. I remember you from the early days of the Steorn circus.
    Posted By: AIEMA

Welcome back! Or rather, welcome!
    • CommentAuthorAIEMA

Yep, managed to get myself banned some while ago now, for having a go at double-oh-moron I think it was....then lost an alter ego after an entry to the limerick comp, something about likening Crank to a Sherman tank if I remember correctly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: AIEMAYep, managed to get myself banned some while ago now, for having a go at double-oh-moron I think it was....then lost an alter ego after an entry to the limerick comp, something about likening Crank to a Sherman tank if I remember correctly.
    How did you manage to find this forum, as a matter of interest?
    • CommentAuthortinker

Not very secure? I can't believe how secure it has been. And neither will you when it happens. T.
    When what happens? Care to inform and enlighten some more?
    • CommentAuthorAIEMA
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009

Grimer

Not altogether sure now, I think it was referenced once in the Steorn forum.
    Posted By: AIEMA

Actually the long delays make it easier for leaks and theft of technology to happen especially given the way they have created a large, not very secure 'inner circle' of dubious credentials. If they were worried about technology theft the best strategy would have been a rapid launch to gain first mover advantage. The fact nobody else has stolen a march on them suggests there is nothing to steal.

One of the truthful statements I have seen.
    From a security standpoint Steorn has proceeded all wrong.

..............Unless the information that has been released is all bogus to what they think they have, then such might be all right. With the "no" production of some item, well it does go to show NOTHING.....
    • CommentAuthorcedani
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009

they should really hold the 'demo' in a pub... kind of like an EastEnders Xmas special on 'craic' ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009

Don't worry. Sean knows how to get to the pub.