Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

When guns are outlawed, outlaws will still have guns. But at least it wasn't an assault rifle.

https://news.yahoo.com/least-4-dead-shooting-australian-112859406.html
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2019

IDK, I don't need a gun. I can call the Police when I need help.
    Isn't it nice to be a civilian?
    Posted By: aber0derIDK, I don't need a gun. I can call the Police when I need help.
    Isn't it nice to be a civilian?

Here in the USA, the cops often wind up shooting the people who called them in the first place.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2019

But that can be changed. Over here when you're stopped by the police it's more likely to have a respectful conversation with law enforcement. Of course them police have an equal share of assholes but it's unlikely to be shot or yelled at while interacting with the police.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvEqDL0WWtQ
    Shooting At Morgan Hill Car Dealership
    Not much action in that video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2019

• CommentAuthorAsterix

Who the hell would shoot up a garlic festival? A vampire?

Honestly, when I lived down there, I went nearly every year for the garlic ice cream.
    The smell carries for miles
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: AsterixI went nearly every year for the garlic ice cream.

Not easy to find elsewhere, I'm sure.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Basically, it's a midsummer family-oriented affair showcasing the garlic farmers in the area. The bicycling club that I used to belong to then would cycle down to the festival from Sunnyvale.

Again, what kind of sick person was the shooter? I guess we'll never know now that he's dead.
    He was possibly a person who liked garlic ice cream.
    Or who didn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I guess that about covers it.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

A witness heard someone shout, "Why are you doing this?" The shooter shouted back, "Because I'm really angry!"

Oh, okay, then...
    Right there is pretty much a slam dunk rationale for the 2nd Amendment. It provides by far the most effective medium for any citizen to vent their fury upon the world. Nations with less perspicacious citizens fail to understand this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2019

California has strict gun laws. Here's how the Gilroy gunman evaded them

California has some of the most stringent gun laws in the country, including a ban on the type of rifle that a shooter used to kill three and wound 15 at the garlic food festival in Gilroy on Sunday.

But the gunman had legally purchased the “assault-type rifle”, in the style of an AK-47, from the neighboring state Nevada on 9 July before carrying it illegally over state lines into California, highlighting what some gun control advocates say is a loophole in the way laws operate, state by state.

The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence ranks California first in the nation for having the strongest gun laws.

California raised the minimum age to purchase a rifle to 21 in 2018. And last week, a federal judge upheld California’s ban on owning, manufacturing or selling semiautomatic rifles and so-called “bullet buttons”, rifle attachments that allow shooters to reload more quickly. The state has banned semi-automatic weapons for 20 years. The bullet button ban dates from 2016.

Nevada, on the other hand, is ranked 25th in the Giffords Center’s ranking.

Big Mikes Gun and Ammo, the Nevada store where the gunman bought his weapon, said in a statement on its Facebook page that the shooter had bought the rifle off of the store’s internet page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2019

We and the Mexicans have the same problem as California.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2019