Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I would guess that over 90% of the 300 million guns in circulation are owned by the 42%.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2019 edited

Let's see: 90%*300M=270M and 42% of 327M is 137M which makes 1.97 guns per gun owner.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2019

But I didn't ask that. 22% of USAns own a firearm, but 50% of the firearms are owned by less than 3%.

So what portion of the 42% own a firearm and what portion owns more than one?

The recent mass shootings haven't been from handguns, but from military-style assault rifles.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2019 edited

Or rather the semiautomatic civilian versions of same. Even Las Vegas did not have genuine full auto fire capability although the bumpstocks and trigger assist springs come close.

But when some madman with an agenda gets hold of, say, a FN P90 and a few hundred rounds of its special ammo... look the fuck out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Which, I suppose, can be bought easily anywhere by anyone with sufficient spare change.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

"I see you are coming from Brussels, Sir. Welcome home, anything to declare? What's in the bag?"
    "Golf clubs and fishing tackle."
    "Have a nice day Sir, and enjoy your game."
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You'll have to buy it from a guy called Jules round the back of Gare Bruxelles-Midi, then.
    [Belgium] prohibits the private possession of fully automatic weapons, and permits ownership of semi-automatic weapons only in certain case scenarios. Furthermore, the private possession of handguns is only allowed after obtaining special permission from the government.
    Ironic, innit? They make the best squirtguns in the world but their own citizens cannot own them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I lugged an FN C1 around for a while. Good rifle but it had a terrible locking catch that would wreck your thumbs when you had to strip it.
    It appears that Yanks en masse are not as smart as Aussies
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Anything (at least according to Trump) but gun controls.

Stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Congress could pass a law defining "arms" (2nd Amend.) as a smoothbore blunderbuss style single shot gun with a match or flintlock firing mechanism. Anything else firearmish is a "weapon" by definition and not covered by the 2nd.

Then the door-to-door searches can begin in earnest. And the RWWS ofays in their rural encampments can start organizing their cadre for the Televised Revolution.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

After MLK and RFK was assassinated, we had the 1968 Gun Control Act (George Wallace and Charlton Heston were outspoken supporters of the bill). After Reagan was shot, we had the Brady Bill.

Someone needs to go shoot up Antonin Scalia's grave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

“The rates of mental illness are roughly the same around the world, yet other countries are not experiencing these traumatic events as often as we face them. One critical factor is access to, and the lethality of, the weapons that are being used in these crimes. Adding racism, intolerance and bigotry to the mix is a recipe for disaster.

President, American Psychiatric Association
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

President Donald Trump has run roughly 2,200 Facebook advertisements using the word "invasion" since May 2018, Media Matters announced on Sunday following two mass shootings over the weekend.

"According to Facebook's ad archive, Trump has run around 2,200 FB ads since May 2018 mentioning the word 'invasion.' Scrolling through, all of them seem to be about immigration," Natalie Martinez, an extremism & social media researcher for Media Matters, a progressive media watchdog, tweeted on Sunday, alongside screenshots of the president's advertisements.

"We have an INVASION! So we are BUILDING THE WALL to STOP IT! Dems will sue us. But we want a SAFE COUNTRY!," one of Trump's advertised posts read. "It's CRITICAL that we STOP THE INVASION. Nancy Pelosi and Democrats have no negotiated in good faith to fund a wall at our Southern Border, proving that OBSTRUCTION is far more important to them than YOUR SAFETY..."

-Newsweek
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Of course, who's paying for those ads?
    We are. Have you priced an avocado lately?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

I think it's save to say that the video game industry is laundering money into the trump campaign. Just watch this David(very globalist forename) PacMan guy on the U-tubes.
    It's probably a false flag operation by the deep state to add more 'likes' to Saddam Hussein Obama's Facebook to boost his fake book sales that also should be investigated.

Qanal!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Hell, for quite some time the US military was pouring money into video game developers. Somehow, I don't think it was for Candy Crush.