Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: aber0derBecause apartheid?

This is closer. If everybody in the whole neighborhood is black -- because apartheid, tacit or explicit -- then everybody hit by gunfire will of course be black. And if chilluns is playin in da street -- because nice safe places to play are not available in that 'hood -- because apartheid -- dem chilluns is gonna get shot up.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2019

I think (or believe) that we are all racists to some extent. But we are also able to rise above that primitive train of thought once we confront that deficiency in ourselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: aber0derBut we are also able to rise above that primitive train of thought once we confront that deficiency in ourselves.

Maybe. The evidence is weak. The aspiration is great.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Aspiration is all we have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2019 edited

Incomprehensible that the shooter will not face charges. Does everyone in Florida answer their door carrying a loaded firearm? Is it OK to shoot someone for jumping out of the bushes in Florida? Is "oh, he startled me" a defense against a charge of manslaughter or negligent homicide anywhere in the world except Florida? Is there no requirement to be sure of your target when firing a weapon in Florida?
    This is a tragedy and a travesty.

I wonder what Halloween will be like in Florida.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2019

In the first place, it's not an accident. The homeowner clearly intended to shoot whoever was in front of him. It might be a case of mistaken identity contributing to manslaughter.

IMHO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2019 edited

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2019 edited

•  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2019

Bad dog.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Parks reportedly told police the gun is not normally loaded when he carries it.

Shee-it! If I've told it once I've told it a thousand times. If you want a lift, don't turn up loaded.
    I'd be happy for all the dogs to "accidentally" shoot all the gun owners.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

The laughable and telling quote was "the family vows to steer clear of trains in the future". Loaded firearms in the passenger compartment, no problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

Time for an update for 2019 so far from: Gun Violence Archive 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTime7 days ago

There is nothing I can say about that. Anyway I made the Full Angus.
    Another school shooting in southern CA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiNWaDuRowM
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTime6 days ago

That's old news; there are more mass shootings per year in the USA than there are days in the year. Gotta keep up, don'tcha know.

ref.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Posted By: AsterixThat's old news; there are more mass shootings per year in the USA than there are days in the year. Gotta keep up, don'tcha know.

ref.

It all makes it a bit difficult to see when exactly the next Civil war kicks off.
    or when the last one ended