Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWpv2smbAyU

I have no idea where "White Settlement" is in Texas but I hope it's far away from me.
    But they have miracles
    They have pistol-packing churchgoers

and a God with a terrible sense of humour.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2019 edited

"All right honey, it's time to leave for church. Load up the kids in the DodgeRam, and don't fergit yer li'l .32 yer granny gave you fer Christmas. Never kin tell when you might need to kill some fool sniper up in the choir loft."

"Sure thing, darlin. Does this hip holster make me look fat?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

They have volunteer security personnel.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

English children's song sung by supposed adults.

Wonder why they don't do this one:

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,
    To shine for Him each day;
    In every way try to please Him,
    At home, at school, at play.

Refrain

A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam;
    A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
    I’ll be a sunbeam for Him.

Jesus wants me to be loving,
    And kind to all I see;
    Showing how pleasant and happy
    His little one can be.

Refrain

I will ask Jesus to help me
    To keep my heart from sin,
    Ever reflecting His goodness,
    And always shine for Him.

Refrain

I’ll be a sunbeam for Jesus;
    I can if I but try;
    Serving Him moment by moment,
    Then live with Him on high.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2019

Fos News is just now praising this ordinary fellow who was able to identify and kill with his own private weapon, a maniacal assassin who had invaded his church.

Does this mean that anybody in Texas is within six seconds of being rightly or wrongly identified as a manaiacal killer by another citizen, and shot accordingly?

Or does it mean that Texas will see the light and make it far more difficult for anybody, including manaiacal killers, to get access to guns?

Never mind...
    Posted By: AngusDoes this mean that anybody in Texas is within six seconds of being rightly or wrongly identified as a manaiacal killer by another citizen, and shot accordingly?

Pretty much. We used to joke about this, how it made people be polite to each other and to strangers especially. But nowadays, it's not a joke any more, polite or not.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2020

She's a blast!

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — A Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton became the first woman to graduate from the Corps’ Howitzer Section Chief Course this month, taking on a combat artillery leadership role once reserved for men.
    R
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2020 edited

Artillery! The most fun you can have outdoors with your clothes on. Fire for effect !
    Posted By: alsetalokinhow it made people be polite to each other
    And how fucking sad is that, really?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2020

They said the same about duelling (aka institutionalised bullying with weapons).
    •  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2020

Local governments across the U.S. are releasing thousands of inmates in an unprecedented effort to prevent a coronavirus outbreak in crowded jails and prisons.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jails-release-prisoners-fearing-coronavirus-outbreak-11584885600

(paywalled)
    •  
      CommentAuthorterry1094

Over 50 NYPD officers test positive for coronavirus

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/over-50-nypd-officers-test-positive-for-coronavirus
    Cue Jim Nabors: Surprise, surprise Surprize!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorterry1094

I'm juz sayin'.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2020 edited

The cops got it from their kids. The cops give it to the perps who spread it to the rest of the gaol. Then the perps get compassionate-released back into the population. 10 percent of infectees ultimately die. Lather rinse repeat, until the population is so thin the Zombie Bat Virus can't spread anymore: people have to live six days walk apart.
    Because (0.9)n ->0 as n ->infinity
    exponential shrinkage

Fortunately for the human race there is also new blood being created all the time. Speaking of which, whatever happened to Zika?