Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

Posted By: pcstru
    Posted By: maryyugoI'm getting a lot of this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/comments.php on this server.

I've had one other report of this. I will open a ticket but these kind of intermittent issues can be tricky to resolve. Please let me know if you experience this and note the date/time.

I also get this from time to time-seems to be in the early afternoon our time, so very early morning yours. Last happened about, oh, a week or 10 days ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: alsetalokinI get it now and then too and figure that it is just one of those things, because it always clears in a minute or two.
    I did not realize that it would be helpful to you to have such incidents reported.

It is and it isn't...

I get them occasionally. They could be nothing to do with anything and unless they are more frequent than every now and then, it's not worth bothering with IMO. Which probably rates with MY as a typical uncaring attitude you can expect from an IT professional.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

"It's not a bug, it's a feature which happens at random times"
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014 edited

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/comments.php on this server.

6:10 AM PDT (13:10 UTC)
    2014-8-22

for about five minutes.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Me too for about five minutes: 1:11 - 1:15pm GMT
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Me also (14:11 to 14:15 GMT) ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

So when you say for about five minutes - do you mean you get no access at all or that duiring that time, you get a few of those responses mixed in with pages served as normal?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Was working normally, then "you don't have permission ...", then retried 3 or 4 times, gave up , went away, came back after a few minutes tried again a couple of more times, got the same error, went away again, came back and it was working normally again.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: pcstruSo when you say for about five minutes - do you mean you get no access at all or that duiring that time, you get a few of those responses mixed in with pages served as normal?

I got mixed results.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Sporadic rejections, became pretty well continuous for a couple of minutes in that five minute period.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: pcstruWhich probably rates with MY as a typical uncaring attitude you can expect from an IT professional.
    Well... I would not expect you to fix it personally but maybe take it up with the host. On some occasions, especially weekends, it can last several hours. From SoCal anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014 edited

I did report it on Thursday but first line did what I'd expect, tried it at a point when everything was OK so they want to close the case. I suspect it's some transient load issue - another site or combination of them making peak demands which can't be met somewhere in the stack. That will involve the hosting companies expensive 2/3rd line support trawling through logs so any dates/times would be beneficial. Please keep reporting incidents when you experience them - date, time, duration and indication of whether the outage was total for that time or intermittent failures scattered among successful page retrievals. I will keep nudging them - they are far from the cheapest hosting around, so it;s important to me that the quality of service they offer is very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014 edited

I've been watching for incidents now, with bated breath... thought I caught one a couple hours ago, got a "couldn't find the server at moletrap.co.uk" error but it wasn't the "access forbidden" thing from your server though.

Turns out I had unplugged my ethernet cable and forgotten to plug it back in. I started a trouble ticket and sent a core dump to MY's ISP, they are due to send a tech out to fix the problem on Tuesday.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014

You should switch to Linux.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014

Easy fix: weld the cable.
    I've already superglued the USB slots. But now how do I get the thumbdrive out?
    With difficulty
    Service flakey around 0323 PST
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2014

Standard time? Doubt it.
    pacific current time