Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2016

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanLast few hours was down

What error was returned?
    First I started getting the "could not authenticate" message when I tried to post, and also when trying to log out. Closing and reopening browser to get a fresh cookie resulted in being able to log on but then more "could not authenticate" messages. Gave up for a while, then when trying to open the site nothing happened for many seconds then got "server not found" errors. Gave up for an hour or so and now here we are at this post.
    Gateway Timeout

moletrap.co.uk as a whole went down.
    then later just the forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I still got the shakes, whom do I sue?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Sue Sue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

She's broke.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016 edited

I have two questions here:

1. How do I mark all forum threads as "read"?I don't see any way to do that.

2. What is the difference between this thread and this one? Both have the same title, but appear as two different threads in my search.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2016

Posted By: AsterixI have two questions here:

1. How do I mark all forum threads as "read"?I don't see any way to do that.

There is no way other than to click on them.

2. What is the difference between this thread andthis one? Both have the same title, but appear as two different threads in my search.

Simply, they are different threads. Thread title is not unique in the schema.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

All part of the ineffably charm of the moletrap.
    More bettererly
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: pcstruThere is no way other than to click on them.

So, 480 pages of thread topics, with about 10 threads per topic. Feh, maybe I can work up a script to do it.

Ah, so like the Python "Cole Porter" skit.

Figures.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

Posted By: AsterixSo, 480 pages of thread topics, with about 10 threads per topic. Feh, maybe I can work up a script to do it.
    But ... but ... why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: Asterix
    Posted By: pcstruThere is no way other than to click on them.

So, 480 pages of thread topics, with about 10 threads per topic. Feh, maybe I can work up a script to do it.

Script a vanilla add in or poke around and see if there is one that does it. It should be doable as a single SQL statement given a user id.

Ah, so like thePython "Cole Porter" skit.

Figures.

?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: pcstru?

Same category, same title--how is the casual browser to tell the difference?

(i.e. between "our" Cole Porter who wrote "Anything Goes" and your Cole Porter who wrote "Anything Goes")
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016

Posted By: Asterix
    Posted By: pcstru?

Same category, same title--how is the casual browser to tell the difference?

Reading the text in the thread?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Oh the casual browser doesn't actually +read+ anything does he? I thought it was more picking up the rhythm and sniffing the pheromones. Actual reading must surely be considered quite formal these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: AngusOh the casual browser doesn't actually +read+ anything does he? I thought it was more picking up the rhythm and sniffing the pheromones. Actual reading must surely be considered quite formal these days.

I don't even read my own posts. It's a write only medium.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2016 edited

I don't even write my posts. The virtual reality deals with that shit.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

It's not a real post unless it comes from a tree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2016

S L O W