Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

same here, starting around 11 hours ago, lasted at least 2.5 hours
    Me too. Starting at about 19:23 CDT. Seems to be a rather long duration event. Same message.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2014

Same here
    • CommentAuthorEagleClone

I got it too. Could not get on last night an gave up so I don't know how long it lasted.
    Me too.

At 1631 pst

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    The connection to the database failed:
    Affected Elements
    MySQL.OpenConnection();

The error occurred on or near: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

Buggy code perhaps? Excess connections (or at least an indication of such) shouldn't bring the house crashing down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Excess connections (or at least an indication of such) shouldn't bring the house crashing down.

Why not? At the application level you either keep waiting for godot or timeout and exit as gracefully as you can.

It is the hosting rather than the application that is at fault. Gradwell are generally quite reliable but every so often we do get a few issues. I reported it this morning and it was fixed an hour later. I still haven't had a response though.
    Why not? Because the app (the hosting?) should close a few connections and retry, that's why. "Too many connections" being a "fatal, non-recoverable error" is a fuggin' joke. Kindergarten error handling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Perhaps we are talking a different language. The hosting (A LAMPS Stack) services many websites. The hosting can't just close a few MySQL connections without upsetting the applications that opened the connections. An application could keep retrying, at which point you would just see a spiny hourglass - or browser equivalent. Isn't it better design for the application to tell you what is actually wrong rather than tell you nothing and leave you waiting ... endlessly.

The cure is for the hosting company to provide enough resources for the stack so that it can support the customers they are putting on it.
    I get that they had a genuine stack overflow. Yes, the cure is a bigger one. But I'm talking about the graceless handling of the problem. It shouldn't take down all connections, and it shouldn't do it for 8 hours either.
    It's the longest outage I can recall, ironically coming after a service ticket was opened.
    The forum was down? <g>
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Bin down so long it look like up to me...
    Richard Farina, with a tilde
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Joan Baez's brother-in-law.
    I am always getting my Vat 69 mixed up with my Lot 49.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Try to stick with Tit 38
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014 edited

Forbidden.
    2014-9-3
    12:00 PDT for a few minutes

502 Bad Gateway when I first tried to send this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014

I'm seeing errors too. I've reported it.

Funny the last two seem to have co-incided with me filling in a feedback form on the tickets I've raised saying I'm dissatisfied with the case. That *must* be co-incidence!
    Me too. Intermittent, punctuated by pages that load but aren't formatted properly. Clearing DNS cache may or may not be working for me to re-establish correct loading.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014

It is quite odd. Quite odd indeed.