Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Laughing all the way to you-know-where
    On 4/30/2019 3:41 PM, xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
    >
    > Hi Andrew,
    >
    > I tried to contact you via a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd see if I might have better luck connecting through .
    >
    > I really believe your skillset could be leveraged on the compression team at Facebook Reality Labs. Your work with compression and 3D graphics lends itself well to the technologies we're using, and it would be great to hop on the phone with you to get to know you and your background a little better.
    >
    > Let me know what you think! Thanks.
    >
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > Technical Sourcer, AR/VR at Oculus VR

Zuckerberg, your boss, is a massive prick. No thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2019

Nice to be sought after, though. Maybe you could be a moletrap mole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2019

Facebook Already Controls Our Information. Don’t Let It Control Our Commerce

Another problem is that Libra could become weaponized in the campaign of ideological viewpoint discrimination that Big Tech has been waging openly in a recent years. In a world where Libra becomes indispensable, the repercussions for being found guilty of “problematic” statements on Facebook or other platforms would go beyond a ban on posting photos or political opinions: You may face problems paying your rent. While traditional currencies are vulnerable to concerted action by governments, Libra is vulnerable to virtual blockades and blackballing by Silicon Valley.

Izabella Kaminska, editor of the Financial Times’ Alphaville blog, describes Libra as “nothing more than a brazen attempt to override national monetary sovereignty by creating a global-scale Federal Reserve equivalent—within which Facebook’s dominance is veiled by the cunning use of buzzwords like blockchain, decentralization and cryptocurrency.” Many blockchain experts have been equally scathing. Peter Todd, a well-known cryptocurrency expert, tweeted in June that “it’s remarkable how dishonest the Facebook Libra technical documents are. They repeatedly describe Libra as decentralized, when it obviously isn’t.” And blockchain researchers at Nym have called Libra “blockchain virtue-signaling at its worst—centralized, not private, and good for Facebook.”

Facebook isn’t just a big social media company that became an enormous social media company. It has mutated into a de facto empire unto itself. Moreover, it is controlled by a single human being, Mark Zuckerberg, who possesses 53 percent of voting rights within the company.

In his article on WeChat, Bram noted that “people are regularly arrested for messages they send” in WeChat. Nobody is arguing that Facebook is going to create a constabulary, or that life under Libra will resemble a dystopian film. But no corporation should have this much control over the way ordinary people live their lives.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2019 edited

I was with you until the "human being" part. Somehow I don't see Zuckerberg as a member of that class.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2019

He definitely seems to me to agree with you ...