Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorspeccy
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009

Launched a couple of days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SteornOfficial
    • CommentAuthornova

Posted By: speccyLaunched a couple of days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SteornOfficial

Mass duping.
    • CommentAuthordixiepnum

when was this site established?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskeptical

Steorn ... yet another who will be showing their earth shattering, physics-turned-on-its-head, paradigm shifting, law breaking technology via ... Yep, you guessed it! Youtube.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited

Posted By: skepticalSteorn ... yet another who will be showing their earth shattering, physics-turned-on-its-head, paradigm shifting, law breaking technology via ... Yep, you guessed it! Youtube.

What's the betting that they only have a twitter feed from the demo.

Sean : "well, to be sure we didn't factor in the demo unit failing because of repetitive strain injury".
    I wonder how long it will take before TK gets banned from commenting....
    • CommentAuthornova

Was it you tube?
    The blokes on that video are all wearing makeup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Spin on ThisThe blokes on that video are all wearing makeup.

One hopes...
    Taken that they probably all don’t bat for the other team, it shows some commitment to the filming process. For whatever reason?
    I'm sure they got paid pretty well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Spin on ThisTaken that they probably all don’t bat for the other team, it shows some commitment to the filming process. For whatever reason?

It's from the apparently professional video that they have had on their website lo these many moons since the jury quit. And they are sure ugly. I was suggesting that the makeup wasn't improving things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: noncents
    Posted By: Angus
    And they are sure ugly. I was suggesting that the makeup wasn't improving things.

What? Are you like twelve years old? This is ridiculously juvenile.

I wish.
    • CommentAuthornoncents
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited

Posted By: Angus
    And they are sure ugly. I was suggesting that the makeup wasn't improving things.

What? Are you like twelve years old? This is ridiculously juvenile.
    • CommentAuthortensor

Clearest explanation of Orbo ever!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_ON_9xNs8&feature=related
    From May, sorry if it's been posted before.
    • CommentAuthorblorn

[quote][cite]Posted By: hairykrishna[/cite]I'm sure they got paid pretty well.[/quote]

I would guess that you would also then compromise your professional dignity for money?
    • CommentAuthorDouble-Z

Christ, I really hope they have sorted out the problem with the lights for this demo. Imagine society collapsing because of incorrect lighting. Perhaps they should have some nice cool LED units sent to them?
    Posted By: blorn
    Posted By: hairykrishnaI'm sure they got paid pretty well.

I would guess that you would also then compromise your professional dignity for money?

I meant paid for firstly looking at the 'Orbo', secondly for appearing in the video, not necessarily for 'verifying' Steorn. Reasonable for them to wear makeup in a carefully produced professional video if that's what they're getting paid for I suppose.

I honestly have no idea how much 'professional dignity' they have. I've never heard of them. For all I know they could flog dowsing rods and fairy dust to make a living.
    • CommentAuthorblorn

@hairykrishna

Oh, sorry I have misunderstood your comment. Well I think it's reasonable to get some kind of compensation, though I doubt they got paid pretty well.
    Hard to say. If they're really pro engineers I'd assume a good chunk of cash. I was speculating though and, I admit, biased by the fact that I think it's a scam.